Sign in to follow this  

Magura Hydro Clutch users?

I'm currently thinking about purchasing one. After looking through all the threads on it that relate to drz, The kit comes with a 10.5mm master, but from one of the other threads I read where they required a big space master cylinder they gave a part number to and when I looked it up it was a 9.5mm master cylinder. I'm not sure which is the correct size to go with. Currently I have RSC 1 finger clutch and want to know how easy the pull is in comparison, 10.5mm and 9.5mm . Is there any problems with running the smaller master vs the bigger master? Thanks

I can not answer your question directly but I can give some guidance.  The limiting factor of any clutch release mechanism is to provide enough travel to disengage the clutch completely.  The stock DRZ clutch with a fresh properly lubed cable has a pretty light action and starts to engage near the handlebar.  So the leverage is about right, not much to be gained with levers or hydraulics that reduce lever pull at the expense of travel.  If you currently have a lever and cable that gives nice smooth easy pull action, there is probably not much to be gained with a hydraulic system.  The main benefit of hydraulic is it will not change as a cable wears and it will be self adjusting.

A 9.5 master will give lighter lever pull that 10.5 assuming the mechanical leverage at the lever is the same and the slave cylinder is the same.  I can not tell you if the 9.5 will fully release the clutch without knowing the slave travel vs the OEM cabe travel.

A 9.5 master will give lighter lever pull that 10.5 assuming the mechanical leverage at the lever is the same and the slave cylinder is the same.  I can not tell you if the 9.5 will fully release the clutch without knowing the slave travel vs the OEM cabe travel.

This is exactly what im trying to figure out.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/259413-magura-jack-install-problems/page-2

Master cylinder part number is 0020577 - 9.5 MM more space (left)

Everything else is in the kit though I had the line swapped to a stainless (I do not recall the length, but it is the same as in the kit) and got a protective boot (Part number 0417560) for the line where it leaves the master.

I'm assuming that part number is  0120577 - which is a 9.5 mm master with more space for the controls, but the premade kit comes with a 10.5 mm master so  order a 0120575 . Im not sure If i should order the 9.5 mm or 10.5 mm if they both work properly. I'm just waiting on some owners of the clutch lever to reply.

Edited by Goshred025