Sign in to follow this  

07 kx450f leak jet help?

Hi guys I have a 07 kx450f and after doing a lot of research on thumper talk I decided to go to a 55 leak jet.  I just got it in the mail and the threads are a lot smaller than the 72 leak jet that is in there now.  I don't understand it.  I am still kinda new to four strokes and am hoping that I am doing something wrong.  The part number on the 55 i bought is 

(16159-1054) JET-POWER,#55 

thanks guys for the help in advance.  The weather is finally changing around here and I wanna ride!

ok guys new question turn out I am an idiot and I figured out that the leak jet is located in the bowl.  However the carb has a qs2 quick shot on it and the leak jet location has a block off screwed into it that does not allow any fuel to pass through it.  My question is should I leave that block off in there or change it for the 55 leak.  Thanks again guys sorry for being a pain.

I was going to say... the #72 sounds more like a starter (choke) jet.

Normally, on a 450, there is no leak jet (or blocked off) as you discovered. Leave it be.

• Check for a good, strong squirt. If not, you have a clog or bad diaphragm.
  •  
  • Was a strong AP cam spring put in?
  •  
  • Was the AP timing ever set per the manual?

I fixed it you were right the diaphragm in the qs2 it was completely ripped apart.  I put in a new one and now the bike runs like a champ! thanks again for the help your the man.