Sign in to follow this  

2014 THOR GEAR JUNK?

Any one else have any bad experience with the new thor gear? Just got a set of the core fracture gear and the jersey is falling apart after 2 practice days on a motocross track. Theres like bad snags were the fabric is pulling apart and leaving white lines all over the jersey. Started small first day. 10 times worse second day

And no I dont use a over jersey chest protector. Just TLD under roost and a neck brace. As you can see its all in the middle.

They told me they would replace it but why bother getting a new jersey amd getting my numbers and shit out back on if its gonna go right to hell anyways lol

So anyone else got a problem?

1397521833459.jpg

1397521899730.jpg

1397521934711.jpg

Any one else have any bad experience with the new thor gear? Just got a set of the core fracture gear and the jersey is falling apart after 2 practice days on a motocross track. Theres like bad snags were the fabric is pulling apart and leaving white lines all over the jersey. Started small first day. 10 times worse second day

And no I dont use a over jersey chest protector. Just TLD under roost and a neck brace. As you can see its all in the middle.

They told me they would replace it but why bother getting a new jersey amd getting my numbers and shit out back on if its gonna go right to hell anyways lol

So anyone else got a problem?

When you wash it, are you putting the jersey in the dryer?

Yes I got a new thor outfit and there is snags in the jersey

Yea that sucks. I figured it was just the way the jersey is made. Not a "defective" jersey. I understand this is moto gear and it gets beat to hell but dsmn lookin ratty after 2 rides when you got 75$ in a jersey sucks. All the other brand jerseys I had never got crappy this quick. Hope the pants hold up better then the jersey..

I have a few pairs of Thor pants and a handful of jerseys. The older ones have lasted me a while but the newer ones don't seem to be as good quality. Last season I purchased a new pair of pants and could not even do the zipper up they were so small even though I bought the same size 3 times before. The jersey I bought, even though it was same size I always purchase was 3" longer than all my others. Thor customer service was no help. I'm looking to replace my gear in the summer when 2014 gear goes on sale and it will not be Thor brand.

No hang dry. And besides. Put jersey on at the track and it looks nice.. take jersey off few hours later.. ruined lol

There goes my theory.... Looks like the quality has gone downhill!

Sucks to hear. I have some 2013 Core gear that I'm running this year. Hopefully that holds up. I've also got some 2013 fox 360 for this season. Already but just trying both on I'm liking the fit, feel, and quality of the fox.

• Like 1

Alias gear IMO is money well spent.  Mine is 2 years old and it's holding up well.

• Like 1

Sucks to hear. I have some 2013 Core gear that I'm running this year. Hopefully that holds up. I've also got some 2013 fox 360 for this season. Already but just trying both on I'm liking the fit, feel, and quality of the fox.

Yea I hope yours holds up better then mine. I never had issues with my 360 stuff or fly stuff. I always wanted to try the alias stuff. I might just have to try that next

Alias gear IMO is money well spent. Mine is 2 years old and it's holding up well.

I bought the 2014 A2 gear, so comfy and cool. Pants are pretty light weight. I have had do get it replaced though because I had a colour run defect, but the replacement kit is perfectly fine.

I bought the 2014 A2 gear, so comfy and cool. Pants are pretty light weight. I have had do get it replaced though because I had a colour run defect, but the replacement kit is perfectly fine.

I don't even know which set my gear is. I bought it off my friend when he got out of riding lol

I bought 2013 penal element gear for 50$ bucks brand new and I ride woods and crash a lot and it is still I'm awesome condition and for that price too( gloves,jersey,pants)

Oneal

Thor gear in the past has been good to me. I had some core gear back in 08-09 and was really tough stuff. Thor has changed a bit though it seems. The newer stuff doesn't have the feel it used to. I wear tld stuff and it's Cadillac.

Yea this is the first set of thor gear I have owned in a long time. My girl actually bought it all for me for a gift and I feel bad the shit is fallin apart. Shes pissed. I finally get her to get me dirtbike stuff and it goes bad.. lol

The Stuff just dosnt "feel" as nice as other stuff I owned. I agree with the TLD stuff. Anything I ever bought from them has lasted. I love there speed Armor stuff

The old ones were great jerseys and lasted a long time. I agree with you on the new ones, I've had similar problems as well. I haven't had a pair of the new pants however as I stocked up on closeout priced thor core pants from about 6 years ago. It's been 3 years since I bought the old style pants and I'm still on pair 1 out of 4. They've seen better days but the quality is awesome well worth what I paid. 

I bought 2013 penal element gear for 50$ bucks brand new and I ride woods and crash a lot and it is still I'm awesome condition and for that price too( gloves,jersey,pants)

I'm trying to figure out what "Penal" a dirt bike rider would need  :lol: