Sign in to follow this  

What bike should I buy?

hey, I'm a 15 year old girl, going on 16 in a couple of months, I'm looking to buy a dirt-bike for trails, I had a crf80f but out grew it pretty fast.. I'm 5'5, 104 pounds.. I need your help on what's best for me?..

hey, I'm a 15 year old girl, going on 16 in a couple of months, I'm looking to buy a dirt-bike for trails, I had a crf80f but out grew it pretty fast.. I'm 5'5, 104 pounds.. I need your help on what's best for me?..

I don't think you'll want the weight of a 150f.

There very heavy bikes.

I'd go crf150r or an 85 2t.

Do you want a 2 or 4 Stroke ?

You could look at any of the 80-85/105cc two strokes, ktm xc models (I'm biased) or any of the moto-x bikes can be tamed down with a flywheel weight and a gearing change.

Casandra....my 5' 4" daughter started on CRF100F and moved to KX100. At your size the KX100 (2 stroke) or CRF150RB (4 stroke) will fit you well and have a lot more power than the CRF80F you were riding. Much better suspension and brakes as well.

BUT.....these are MX bikes that you need to make trail friendly. There really isnt a good 2 stroke enduro/offroad bike for someone with your size and strength. With either of the bikes I mentioned you will need to attack hills more aggressively than you did with the CRF80F.

We added handguards, flywheel weight (see Steahly Offroad) and smaller front sprocket and larger rear sprocket to make it more trail friendly. The KX100 only weighs about 150 lbs and is 50 lbs lighter than a CRF150F and 25+ lbs lighter than a CRF150RB.

85. My girlfriend started on an 85, she's about 5'8 - 120ish and although it was a bit small for her, the power was good and she got used to it pretty quick. She's now on a 125. 85's are a ton of fun and there's a lot of them around for sale. Another option is the KX100 which is a bit taller then the 85 if you find yourself looking for a taller bike.