Sign in to follow this  

Open D Class need info on it

What is open d class I see on Baja and freelin mx websites the show results for last year but AMA and d-14 websites only show abc open classes and what do you have to sign up for to race in it do you have to sign up for AMA and d-14 thanks for any info

What is open d class I see on Baja and freelin mx websites the show results for last year but AMA and d-14 websites only show abc open classes and what do you have to sign up for to race in it do you have to sign up for AMA and d-14 thanks for any info

Not sure how much this will help, but some tracks offer D class and some don't. That's why you're not seeing it everywhere. Here in Maine we don't have a D class, only C class and up.

AMA only goes back to the C class in the rule book with the note that "Additional entry-level classifications based on the amount of rider participation at the district level in any particular district at any meet may establish classifications based on circumstances." 

In my series ( MAMA) the open d class is 125cc+ And age 12+ for only first year racers. So even if you only ever raced a 50 you still couldn't race d class. Idk if that helps or not

Might want to ask this in the regional forum. Michigan is in the north region.

• Like 1