Sign in to follow this  

Is this ok?

I have a 99 cr125 and I've been running a NGK br8es plug and mixing the fuel 32:1 and its been fouling the plugs and smoking like a freight train!! So the other day we bought a NGK br7es and mixed the fuel 42:1-44:1 and now it's hardly not smoking. is this ok to run? it's not hardly smoking and with a hotter plug?

You fouling plus and having smoke dumping out isnt about the mix of the fuel, its your jetting. You're very rich.

Go back to a 32:1 ratio and start leaning up your jetting

Edited by Procircuit386

Is it going to hurt my bike running it like this?

You have two separate problems.  Hotter plug could melt a hole in your piston.  Lean oil mixture means you're going to starve your main bearing and cylinder wall of needed lubrication.  as stated above, this is a jetting problem.  I've been there.  Do yourself a favor, and pull the carb for a good cleaning, then post what jetting you have and type of riding & location.  There is plenty of help here.

What would happen if I just kept running the hotter plug and mixed it 32:1?

What would happen if I just kept running the hotter plug and mixed it 32:1?

You get adequate lubrication, but run the risk of melting a hole in the top of your piston.  You are still going to foul plugs even with a hotter plug if your jetting is too rich. You'll need to keep the revs up to keep from loading up, and this is setting yourself up for damaged piston.

These guys know what they are talking about, listen and learn or don't and weep when you burn a hole in the piston or seize it up. Go back to 32:1 and stock plug. I'm sure there is detailed instructions for jetting here and its not that hard just need some patience and persistence. Im sure you will end up picking up a lot more power if your really as rich as you describe.