Sign in to follow this  

Idaho Owyhee Fun Run - Boise area

The annual Owyhee Fun Run hosted by TVTMA is coming up May 3rd this year. Another great course has been layed down for this non-competitive poker run event; 30 miles for the ATVs and/or Dirt Bikes and a 60 mile Dirt Bike course.

Again we have a ton of local sponsors helping us out with prizes and Moto Tech will be on site with some demo units as well. Sign up starts at 8 AM, and first bikes and atvs out around 9:30 AM. Awards and raffle prizes are at 3:30 PM.

REMEMBER - the proceeds for this event got to the fight to keep motorized trails open and public lands PUBLIC!!! We'll also be donating to the Owyhee County Search and Rescue, you know those folks who ALWAYS come out and save our bacon when needed!!

Check out www.TVTMA.org for more details or to print off a flyer.

Sponsors throwing down the prizes this year include..............Western Power Sports | Moto Tech | Carl’s Cycle Sales | Snake River Yamaha | Moto One | Canyon Honda | Rekluse | Razor Back Offroad | Birds of Prey Motorsports | Happy Trails | ProMoto Billet | Grizzly Sports | Edge Performance Sports | Big Twin Cycle Center.

What: 2014 Owyhee Fun Run
When: May 3, 2014
Where: Rabbit Creek OHV parking area (1 mile west of Murphy, Idaho

I'm thinking of setting up my tent trailer on Friday just so I'm ready to go first thing in the morning.........I don't do alarm clocks.  Settling down with a hot campfire, a cold Corona, and a smoked brat just before the event is sounding pretty darn good right now!

Well as long as everything keeps going good at work, I will definitely be there. I think my wife likes the idea of me not sitting around talking about riding and getting out of her hair for the day. That's an great idea, makes me almost want to sleep in the pickup so I can drink without having to wake up early lol.

I may hit you up on the fire, I appreciated the possible bunk but don't mind sleeping in my pickup. I use to do it all winter working in potato cellars. If I decide to head out I will PM ya so I know what to look for when I get there "assuming there is gonna be quite a few people". 

There will be quite a few people camping out. Some of us will start camping Thursday evening so we can mark the course Friday.

It will be a fun day with lots of prizes.

• Like 1

Have to make a change of plans, but just slightly.  Didn't realize that May 2nd is also the day of my youngest boys' 2nd grade field trip to the Discovery Center and the zoo.  My wife and I volunteered as chaparones, so I won't have a great deal of time to prep the camp trailer after sitting all winter.  Looks like I'll have to set my alarm on Saturday.  Darn it. That Corona and campfire were really beginning to sound pretty good.....

I was thinking last night, since this is my first event/ride like this. I am a little worried about the sound test. I just installed the Lexx MxE exhaust on my bike last night and in my opinion it doesn't sound too loud. I am wondering if there is a way to tell if this will be too loud there. According to their website:

• Includes Forest Service approved Quiet Core Spark Arrestor Insert that brings sound levels down below 96db.

Is this in the right range for this ride? I would hate to arrive at tech check and fail the sound test and have to do the walk of shame back to my pickup lol.  :banghead:  If it matters my bike is an '08 Wr450F.

inthedirtagain that sucks but should be fun at the same time. My daughter loves the Discovery Center. I'm still trying to figure out if my sister is gonna be able to watch her Friday night. The 3rd is a go though.

Tech inspection wasnt very difficult from what I remember. Ive always had aftermarket exhaust and it's never been an issue. I dont recall an actual sound tester. Ive seen stock 4strokes with baffles removed pass their "inspection"

Don't worry about the tech check, its more of a formality. We have never turned anyone away at the inspection.

I think I may try the 30 mile loop. I've never ridden this area of the Owyhees before, so don't know what to expect with a "bikes only" section of the race.

if your bike is too loud, we'll let you know, but you can still ride. It's more of an informative thing.

the long course is suitable for intermediate riders. There is a good amount of fun singletrack and one short steep hill-climb that can get a little loose, but shouldn't be bad this year. In the past, beginner girls riding their boyfriend's old bike have had trouble with that section, but kids on ttr125's have survived it.

There is an optional 6 mile "bonus loop" off of the long course that is recommended only for advanced riders. That has some ledges and rock maneuvers and a very steep sidehill section with 2 creek crossings. The creek is quite low this year.

Zukrider and I laid out the course, so if you like it, let me know. If you hate it, let him know.

if your bike is too loud, we'll let you know, but you can still ride. It's more of an informative thing.

the long course is suitable for intermediate riders. There is a good amount of fun singletrack and one short steep hill-climb that can get a little loose, but shouldn't be bad this year. In the past, beginner girls riding their boyfriend's old bike have had trouble with that section, but kids on ttr125's have survived it.

There is an optional 6 mile "bonus loop" off of the long course that is recommended only for advanced riders. That has some ledges and rock maneuvers and a very steep sidehill section with 2 creek crossings. The creek is quite low this year.

Zukrider and I laid out the course, so if you like it, let me know. If you hate it, let him know.

Looks like its decided. Gonna go for the long course. I would never let myself live it down if I skipped a hill climb that girls and 125's survive ha ha :facepalm: . I think my nasty 450 can get up it even if I have to go 1st and tractor it. Don't think I will hit the bonus loop though (although it sounds fun as hell and challenging) I only consider myself intermediate. 

It is going to be perfect weather in the desert this weekend, no wind, sunshine, spring dirt, dirtbike gear to be raffled off....doesn't get any better!!   :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is the day! Bring your ATV or other OHV that is 50" or less in width and run the poker run course or bring your dirt bike and tackle the bonus loop!

We'll have over 40 raffle packages to be given away as well as the 1st thru 3rd place winners of the poker run.

Gonna be a great time. If you have any questions or other please let me know.

Thanks!