Sign in to follow this  

Broken scapula, what to expect

Had what I consider a very minor crash last Friday, thought I popped my shoulder out but it turns out I somehow broke my shoulder blade. Anyone ever do this? No idea what I am looking at as far as rehab

My dad broke his clean in half last year, and a couple ribs. He was in a sling for about 10-12 weeks and limited for another 8, then slowly worked his strength back up. He is 50 though, so he healed slow.

The doctor did absolutely nothing for the whole process. It's probably best to see if any type of surgery is needed, and if not, just buy a sling at sports authority or walgreens.

• Like 1

If the break doesn't extend into the socket, then it is a benign injury and can be treated with early motion and no surgery.  If it does break into the socket, then that's an entirely different story.

Not broken into socket, movement as I can tolerate the pain, way better than torn labrum or rotator cuff

If the break doesn't extend into the socket, then it is a benign injury and can be treated with early motion and no surgery. If it does break into the socket, then that's an entirely different story.

Is it normal to have some feeling of impingement on the front of my shoulder?

I am going to my doctor Friday just curious

If the break doesn't extend into the socket, then it is a benign injury and can be treated with early motion and no surgery. If it does break into the socket, then that's an entirely different story.

Is it normal to have some feeling of impingement on the front of my shoulder?

I am going to my doctor Friday just curious