Sign in to follow this  

Good rear rack

Any ideas for a good rear rack? Was maybe gonna plan a camping trip or something just looking for a good rear rack to bungee things like a tent and stuff to. Thanks everyone

I like this one from ProMoto Billet:  http://www.promotobillet.com/i-15929277-drz400s-2000-2014-rack-black-street.html

It's high quality and a very slim fit.  I don't get my foot caught on it when trying to get my short leg over the seat.  It's nice enough looking that you can leave it on the bike all the time.

There are others that are a little cheaper but this one is worth the money to me.

rack.JPG

tool box.JPG

I have the one from the TT Store.

I use it for my laptop bag and other crap as I commute to work on the freeway. The hoop is awesome as it secures the laptops bag so it does not slide around.

I took the hoop off as it does not look the best but put it back as as it is so functional.

rr37.JPG

R532.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

• Like 1

I got mine from nomadic-racks.com.  It fit perfect, well made, and nice size.  Cost $69.  They are on eBay also.

21477439.jpg

Thanks for everything everyone you guys definitely got some nice racks anyone use aftermarket or stock rear packs with the racks? And if so what setup? Or should most work? Id just like to have a rear bag on when im not really using the rack if not doable its not a big deal

I use the "overnight roll bag" from Harley Davidson.  It has the flap to slide over a back rest.  I just turn it 90 degrees and slide it over the luggage rack.  Works great, very secure.  I have the nomadic rack (see previous post).  I also have the Givi Trekker hard top case when I need more storage and it's lockable.

DRZ2 Small.jpg

I have the one from the TT Store.

I use it for my laptop bag and other crap as I commute to work on the freeway. The hoop is awesome as it secures the laptops bag so it does not slide around.

I took the hoop off as it does not look the best but put it back as as it is so functional.

attachicon.gifrr37.JPG

attachicon.gifR532.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0518.JPG

SICK BIKE!  

• Like 2

Anybody have use for the sissy bar thing on the racks? Would it be worth spending a lil extra for one with that bar?

Anybody have use for the sissy bar thing on the racks? Would it be worth spending a lil extra for one with that bar?

Never seen one on a DRZ rack.

I was gonna get a larger tank but I'm liking that alternative.. $80 is a lot cheaper than $230. Was gonna get a rear rack anyways

My thoughts exactly, I mean, how often am I going to need a 200 mile range living in a city of 6.3 million? There is a gas station every half block.

My thoughts exactly, I mean, how often am I going to need a 200 mile range living in a city of 6.3 million? There is a gas station every half block.

holy crap! Where do you live? Population of my town is like 1500 lol