Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F fork assembly question?

I'm having trouble getting the fork tube bushing (which fits into a recess on the fork tube) past the slider bushing.  Do I insert the fork tube past the slider bushing orrofice and then press the slider bushing in?  They somehow have to get past each other and I'm not seeing how it works.
thanks!

Screen Shot 2014-03-24 at 11.32.37 PM.png

You should be putting on the sliding/upper bushing first and then the lower bushing onto the fork tube.  So the fork tube from top to bottom should have something like: dust seal, circlip, oil seal, washer, upper bushing, lower bushing (snapped into recess in fork tube).

http://youtu.be/vrmYJgcGX30?t=15m23s

Thank you!

I did try this method reusing the OEM bushing, but it did not want to go in without a lot of pressure, so I stopped.  I think the bushings got tweaked when I split the fork legs apart.  Speaking of which... I've never had such a hard time getting fork legs apart due to the inner bushing and outer bushing making contact and it took quite a few good pulls until the legs finally split.  MUCH harder than any 48 or 50mm fork I've pulled apart.

New seals & bushings will be here tomorrow and it looks like an easy job based on that video.  Much appreciated!!!