Sign in to follow this  

do i need a new cylinder?

I have a cr250 with a sleeved cylinder that just got gouged up pretty bad. Can a new sleeve be put in or do i need to buy a new cylinder? Thanks

The people that sleeved it should be able to inspect it and tell you how to fix it. It could be bored unless it's that bad. I would just buy a new CR250 cylinder and run it as it was designed.

Pending on exactly hoe bad it is, it can be resleeved for 2-$300 probably less depending on where to go.... I just had a small gouge in mine and the Honda shop sent it in to get re-plated at least. Can't remember who they said they were sending it to but it was highly recommended by them through experience of their main parts guy. He had his done back to factory specs and said it came back looking better than stock.

For $300 you can get an OEM cylinder. Sleeving is the best way to turn your bike into a vintage bike. Steel is not as good a heat conductor as aluminum is. 

How did it get gouged?

For $300 you can get an OEM cylinder. Sleeving is the best way to turn your bike into a vintage bike. Steel is not as good a heat conductor as aluminum is. 

How did it get gouged?

I think i will be getting a new cylinder. where can you get them for $300   Thanks

Google Honda of Toledo. I think it was $307.

Hey, if that sleeve is boreable, it will be a cheaper fix.

389. It´s a little cheaper over at partzilla.com.

If you find a store that has it for <300 please post.

389. It´s a little cheaper over at partzilla.com.

If you find a store that has it for <300 please post.

Find the cheapest price of all these places people insist upon ( that never actually stock the part ) and fill out a price match request on Rocky Mountain atv ( which actually have the parts in stock ) and buy it there with free shipping and have it in 3 days or less.