Sign in to follow this  

Replacement time

I have a 2008 yfz450 with the following mods. And the quad has close to maybe a little over 100 hours and has been ridden hard, but has been well maintained. When should i replace the clutch assembly and have the motor rebuilt? I was thinking it should be done soon but it's running fine. Any help would help haha thanks!

I have a 2008 yfz450 with the following mods. And the quad has close to maybe a little over 100 hours and has been ridden hard, but has been well maintained. When should i replace the clutch assembly and have the motor rebuilt? I was thinking it should be done soon but it's running fine. Any help would help haha thanks!

Fmf megabomb n q4

Dyno jet kit

Pro armor bully bumper

Houser racing grab bar

Kenda kutter rear tires

Powermadd hand gaurds

Pro armor kill switch

Pro taper handle bars

Odi rogue lock on 130mm grips

Pro taper grip donuts

Light speed carbon fiber sprocket cover

Tm design works chain guide

Turner gas cap

Blue Cv4 radiator hoses

R&D power bowl

Pro armor revolution nerf bars

Pro design intake

K&N air filter

Asv3 brake and clutch assembly

Ride engineering oil plug

Fmf megabomb heat shield

If your rich (unlike me) most do it every season but if I were you I would wait until it absolutely needs to be done but thats just me.

As far as the head/valves go if you have to shim them more than twice I would suggest getting new valves and springs or it could get A LOT more expensive. Far as crank shafts go if you start to see any gold colored shavings in your oil filter replace the crank shaft and bearings immediately. The piston I wouldn't go more than 80 hours depending on how you ride. But these are from my broke ass riding things till I had to fix them lol. But I do use good oil and change it often and also keep a clean air filter in my toys.