Sign in to follow this  

RM 250 won't start

I have a 1993 RM 250 with a fresh rebuild the water from my radiator leaked into my engine and the bike wouldn't start I fixed the leak ran new oil through a few times took the head off and checked to make sure there wasn't any damage I have good spark and 180 compression I'm pretty sure I'm gettn gas cause I can smell it in the cylinder but it still won't start can anyone help I'm kinda stuck

I have a 1993 RM 250 with a fresh rebuild the water from my radiator leaked into my engine and the bike wouldn't start I fixed the leak ran new oil through a few times took the head off and checked to make sure there wasn't any damage I have good spark and 180 compression I'm pretty sure I'm gettn gas cause I can smell it in the cylinder but it still won't start can anyone help I'm kinda stuck

Spark? Timing? Airleaks?

Need more info here Collins, you said water from your radiator got into the engine.  Where exactly was that?  Did it seep into the engine through the impeller seal, or did the water get into to the top end.  Exactly what did you do to "rebuild" it?  It sounds like maybe you still have water getting into the cylinder, so I would think that the head/cylinder might be the culprit here.  If you have water in your crankcase, the bike would still fire up.  But if you have any water getting into your top end combustion chamber, then that sounds more like what is happening now that it doesn't want to start.  What exactly did you rebuild? :devil:

How long did the bike sit without being started while you were doing all this?

If more than 2 weeks it is a good idea to clean the jets and air screw passage. Todays ethanol laced fuel goes bad pretty quick when left in the float bowl very long.

It has new piston and rings oil seals crank bearings a new stator new gaskets and a new cylinder the water leaked through the o ring on the head and like I said I've already took the head off and checked for damage and as far as the carb goes it has new float and needle and has been cleaned about 100 times

Water in the crankcase. It fouls your plug will not start. Flip it over pull up on kicker and spray in the cylinder with WD 40. This way the water will come out and the WD 40 will remove small amounts of water left. Do it many times. This happened to me.