Sign in to follow this  

California Offroad Races.

What are some races in Ca that are really gnarly and technical? Ive been riding offroad all of my life and would like to try and race. Ive seen the harescrambles and worcs and those just are too...well, easy. I want stuff that not everybody is going to finish, like skipping up rocks, cliff hanging and so on.

Try the Tennessee knockout. Or if you're really extreme Hells gate, Romaniacs, the roof of Africa, Sea to sky, and of course Erzberg. Maybe the NorCal guys have something for you. Why don't you enter the KOM?

Have you actually competed in a Hare Scramble before?  There is a National on the 27th, sure there will be plenty if technical in that one.  Not enough Technical?

Then the Red Bull Last Dog Standing might get your blood flowing its at Glen Helen, in San Bernardino on June 13th, named one of the top 10 hardest races in the world, plenty of rock skipping and things moat riders would normally second guess on a trail ride.

24-Hours of Glen Helen

Hollister Hills- 6 Hours of Hollister

King of Motos

Endurocross - Sacramento

Even some of the District 36 Cross Country races are difficult (Picacho Creek National----

thought I was going to die after 2 hours).

And BTW - Any race can be extremely exhausting and hard to finish. If you don't come

across the finish line completely whipped, exhausted, and on the verge of vomiting, you

either A) haven't pushed yourself hard enough or B) You've overalled the race.

which harescrambles have you seen?  that way i can guage what you want to race?

the most difficult on in california i ever did was the Quick Silver National Enduro.  which is no more now.  but the Salinas Ramblers put on Picacho Creek, which i'm sure will be just as challenging.

you can try the Sawmill coming up.  it has some rocky sections, event only single track, and a long river section at the finish.

Ive seen the hollister harescramble, and some others i cant remember the name of but they just look a little, well, easy.

6 hours ironman in the summer heat is easy? You should be able to overall it if its so easy.

• Like 1

ok, well hollister is not a very technical place.  if you look hard enough you will find some but not a lot.

check out the district 36 events calender, the Shasta Dam GP was last weekend, that would have knocked your socks off.

http://ama-d36.org/events-meets/

leoni meadows is up next for the CC series, i have not riden that one.

after that you have to wait for fall for more CC's.  the deer creek one is fun and challenging.

also you can scroll down and check out the enduros.  the Sawmill is really fun and can be challenging.  rocking uphills, event only single track, and a long river section at the finish.

the Fools gold is fun too.  not extreamly difficult, but tons of fun singletrack.

both the sawmill and foolgold are coming up soon.  Sawmill was postponed. to april 27th.  that would be a good one to get you feet wet in. 

Right in the center. Fresno so So-Cal technically. Anyway, I want to get into a series with races like romaniacs, erzberg, and kom. I know super gnarly trails around here but there unknown by just about everybody and theres no racing obviosly.

Are you NorCal or SoCal? First things first.....

But i would travel all through California.

Ive seen the hollister harescramble, and some others i cant remember the name of but they just look a little, well, easy.

Maybe you should actually race a few CC races or enduros before making that judgement. If your judging races by watching videos or watching from the parking lot you're sadly mistaken. . . .

• Like 1

You should probably go on a ride with me. I've never raced any of that stuff mentioned either. But I ride daily and it's always way tougher then anything I've ever seen on YouTube. I'd show you some of my videos, but my camera seems to be stuck in slow motion and the angle always flattens the extreme sections.

• Like 3

Have you ever raced before? If you want something that is tough(er) and soon, enter the National H&H next weekend.

Right in the center. Fresno so So-Cal technically. Anyway, I want to get into a series with races like romaniacs, erzberg, and kom. I know super gnarly trails around here but there unknown by just about everybody and theres no racing obviosly.

But i would travel all through California.

No way are you SoCal. Fresno is central  California "technically". BTW you sound like someone thats full of KaKa.  . . :moon:

• Like 1

No way are you SoCal. Fresno is central  California "technically". BTW you sound like someone thats full of KaKa.  . . :moon:

Or someone with another screename

Also cah-cawh cah-cawh is not spelled kaka