Sign in to follow this  

Rm 125 braking help!

Rm 125. I just did front break pads because they were squishy. There still hast been an improve my. I tried bleeding them and that didn't do anything... What do I do??? Please help

The Suzukis are a bit notorious for bad braking. You can buy steel braided brake lines or oversized rotors.

I believe you can retrofit a Honda master cylinder on it to improve it as well.

Rm 125. I just did front break pads because they were squishy. There still hast been an improve my. I tried bleeding them and that didn't do anything... What do I do??? Please help

The brake line will help.  Another suggestion would be to scour the rotor with brake cleaner and Scotch Brite to get any glaze off of it.  Do the same with the pads.  That won't help the feel of the brakes, but it will improve your stopping power.

To improve the feel, after you bleed the brakes, pull the brake lever in all the way and zip tie it to the handlebar.  Leave it like that, tap the caliper with a wrench, then tap the line as you push the loop in the brake line down below the master cylinder so any micro bubbles float to the top.  Next morning, untie the zip ties, and your brakes will feel more solid.  You can bleed and repeat that process again.  All you are doing is getting every tiny bubble out of that system.  It makes a difference.  

The brake line will help. Another suggestion would be to scour the rotor with brake cleaner and Scotch Brite to get any glaze off of it. Do the same with the pads. That won't help the feel of the brakes, but it will improve your stopping power.

To improve the feel, after you bleed the brakes, pull the brake lever in all the way and zip tie it to the handlebar. Leave it like that, tap the caliper with a wrench, then tap the line as you push the loop in the brake line down below the master cylinder so any micro bubbles float to the top. Next morning, untie the zip ties, and your brakes will feel more solid. You can bleed and repeat that process again. All you are doing is getting every tiny bubble out of that system. It makes a difference.

good advice. So zip tie them over night and that's it?

good advice. So zip tie them over night and that's it?

Yes, that's it.  And, as always, that front wheel should spin free before you ride.  If it is binding, it can mean your caliper pistons are not fully retracting.  That can be bad news, especially with old brake fluid or brake fluid contaminated with water.  Let us know if the technique works for you.