Sign in to follow this  

Motocross Can Dungey measure up

He will be much more competitive outdoors than in. If RV shows, he will not win. If the RV rumors are true and he indeed needs surgery, Dungey has a legit shot but I look for guys like James, Reed, Canard, Roczen, Barcia, Millsaps, Alessi and possibly even Brayton and Tomac to give him fits. 

The only guys that give RD fits all year outdoors will be KR and RV, James will be able to beat him occasionally but not enough to win. If RV shows up the whole field will be deflated me thinks. 

• Like 5

The only thing for certain, the odds a perfect MX season in 2014 are nearly zero.

Should be a fun season to watch.

Should be amazing (possibly one of the best ever) if everyone shows up and stays healthy. Judging by the recent string of injury I think the odds of that are just about as good as us seeing a 24-0 season.

I think it will be even more action packed if RV doesn't show, although I hope he does! 

Im just as excited about seeing those 250 riders banging bars and holding it to the stop!

• Like 1

Even if RV stays home I think we have a great season

RD

CR??

JS

KR

ET

JB

TC

All these guys are potential winners

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 3

5 reasons why RD can't measure up.

RV - Still faster and equally consistent

JS - Way faster and with his new found consistency will prove to be a problem

KR - Faster and maturing more and more. 

CR - never ever count this guy out. As soon as he get a sniff of the championship he is ruthless.

Rookies - Malcolm, Tomac, Deano etc will all be taking bites out of RD all season. Simply because after the 1st 4 guys he is next in line.  

5 reasons why RD can't measure up.

RV - Still faster and equally consistent

JS - Way faster and with his new found consistency will prove to be a problem

KR - Faster and maturing more and more. 

CR - never ever count this guy out. As soon as he get a sniff of the championship he is ruthless.

Rookies - Malcolm, Tomac, Deano etc will all be taking bites out of RD all season. Simply because after the 1st 4 guys he is next in line.  

Care to make some bets on Dungey vs. Tomac, Deano and Malcolm? Dungey will smash those dudes all season long. I GUARANTEE it. 

• Like 5

As I said, the rookies will take turns taking bites out of RD. Which will impede his efforts with the 4 I mentioned. 

As per Deano, PC was going to give him a 450 for the MX series. Then again that was was said just prior to the SX series, so that could have changed. 

I think RD is gonna be solid. Maybe I am wrong but I think he shows a lot of heart outdoors and just seems to be better on the Nationals style of track. I think he will be better than many are giving him credit for. I look for him to be better than KRoc. I guess we will see.

• Like 3

I think RD is gonna be solid. Maybe I am wrong but I think he shows a lot of heart outdoors and just seems to be better on the Nationals style of track. I think he will be better than many are giving him credit for. I look for him to be better than KRoc. I guess we will see.

Kroc was born and bread on MX style tracks. At best I predict he will do no better than 3rd by the end. Hey top 3 is nothing to balk at either. 

Kroc was born and bread on MX style tracks. At best I predict he will do no better than 3rd by the end. Hey top 3 is nothing to balk at either. 

What racer wasn't born and bred on MX style tracks?  

• Like 2

Ya I mean I wouldn't be shocked if KRoc is right up there. I just have to see him battle up front all season long before I am convinced. RD has already proven to be a contender every year in the Nationals. KRoc could be, but his drop-off in SX is a bit discouraging. How well is he going to be able to handle the 450 for a full season. His fitness, focus, mental toughness all factor in.

Oh it sounds soooo boring with RD as the top contender, JS7 is the only guy that can straight up beat him outdoors but that has to be every round. Dung is not a DNF guy.

I can't tell if you are a Dungey fan or not. Dung=feces. Dunge?

Care to make some bets on Dungey vs. Tomac, Deano and Malcolm? Dungey will smash those dudes all season long. I GUARANTEE it. 

So you are already making bets that he will be the fastest of the slow?

• Like 1

So you are already making bets that he will be the fastest of the slow?

know I'm betting he'll beat all those guys.

know I'm betting he'll beat all those guys.

Did you mean No, Now, or Know?

BTW, I just spit in my cup. That's gotta hurt

Edited by FUDad

I think it's safe to say that he will be in the top three for sure... Don't know how anyone can call him slow...

2013--2nd

2012--1st

2011--2nd (only 12 points behind villopoto)

2010--1st

2009--1st

2008--2nd

To me getting 1st and 2nd isn't slow... 

• Like 1