Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400S swapping SM wheels

Here I am dredging up this tired old discussion......

I met a guy at the local dual sport club who wants to trade his SM wheels and tires for my S wheels and tires.  I think a SM would better suite my needs since I plan on riding 95% street.  Also, his tires are worn out so I would need to get new tires.

My question is:  What else am I missing?  What else should I be considering?  How much is this going to cost me?

New rear sprocket?

Shorter chain?

I don't think I need a large rotor up front but i can add that later on (no BFD)

I assume we would swap spedo gears.

I know you're sick to death of this one but any insight would be appreciated since I am so indecisive! 

There are numerous threads on here about the SM wheel swap. Just search for it

Edited by Rock Slyde

Here I am dredging up this tired old discussion......

I met a guy at the local dual sport club who wants to trade his SM wheels and tires for my S wheels and tires.  I think a SM would better suite my needs since I plan on riding 95% street.  Also, his tires are worn out so I would need to get new tires.

My question is:  What else am I missing?  What else should I be considering?  How much is this going to cost me?

New rear sprocket?

Shorter chain?

I don't think I need a large rotor up front but i can add that later on (no BFD)

I assume we would swap spedo gears.

I know you're sick to death of this one but any insight would be appreciated since I am so indecisive! 

Do what i did,  everything you need to know is in this here thread.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1075900-switching-ssm-wheels-pics/

• Like 1