DIY lift stand

Harbor Freight also sells one that's pretty crappy but there's a few simple steps to make it perfectly useable.  It's something about how they designed the lift pedal to lift the bike and it doesn't lock securely or something like that.  Considering the price from Harbor Freight and the easy fix, I don't think you could drive around and buy the material for what you'd pay for one from them, especially considering all the coupons they always have going.  Not sure if those fixes are detailed here on TT or on You Tube.

• Helpful 1

Agreed with MVet above.

Bought the $50 stand for 50% off so $25.

Works perfect.

A thousand up/down cycles on it so far. 

Getting another one for the kid's YZ85 (checked and it does fit under his when in down position).

I can't imagine everyone not having one (or more) of these.  I use it so often as I have a track around the house.  I've never brought it to the local AMA track with me, just lean my bike against the ManVan.  But, for $25 it is a great little product.  Step on the pedel and it raises and parks you bike straight away.

Coo

• Like 1

Harbor Freight also sells one that's pretty crappy but there's a few simple steps to make it perfectly useable.  It's something about how they designed the lift pedal to lift the bike and it doesn't lock securely or something like that.  Considering the price from Harbor Freight and the easy fix, I don't think you could drive around and buy the material for what you'd pay for one from them, especially considering all the coupons they always have going.  Not sure if those fixes are detailed here on TT or on You Tube.

I have one. It is like $20 with the coupon. It has a pin like a jack stand to keep it from falling. Works great.

• Like 1

I have one. It is like $20 with the coupon. It has a pin like a jack stand to keep it from falling. Works great.

That pin may have been one of the mod's but it also had something to do with the pedal.  There's a video about  improving it somewhere...

• Like 1

No video needed.

If the pedal doesnt get full stroke down...to raise the bike up....have to grind a bit of the bottom of the pedal away so it goes down further and locks in.

All don't need this mod.  Mine didnt.

Sometimes the four holes for saftey pin to go through don't all line up perfect.  Pretty tight fit and has to be just right.

Or, do like I did and send the next size drill bit through them so it's opened up that little bit more.

Really, it is the best $25 I have spent on this sport......and I have spent thousands.

CooHead

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I remember seeing a post with blue print's at TT but can't find it.

Check out http://www.homemadetools.net/

In either the motorcycle or lift's sections

Ken here from HomemadeTools.net.

I know this thread is an old one, but thanks for the link! ?

To celebrate our 20,000th homemade tool, we made a new ebook featuring our top 50 homemade tools. You guys are welcome to it for free:

50mustreadebook_300.png