Sign in to follow this  

2007 KX250f running lean?

hey guys, so im a newb to the forum but im very familiar with everything so i will just introduce myself....i ride an 2007 kx250f bought from a local.....pretty much changed evey part that needed attention from usage and so forth. so i wouldnt say my bike was problem free, it runs really hot at least that what it feels like. always maintained very well, oil changes spark plugs oil filters and so forth all that fun stuff. sometimes i get a tiny drizzle from my rad overflow tube but i think thats just my fault from not getting enough airflow. the water pump hasnt been changed so i think i might upgrade it preferrabaly pro cicuit makes a neat kit. i dont mind paying for qualityjust wanted some input from you guys. what do you think i should tell my mechanic to inspect/change? plugs, oil, all fluids. filters, air intake  filter have been recently replaced getting her ready for the upcoming season. thanks for your time guys!

If it's running hot id recommend the boyesen (might be spelling that wrong) water pump. I personally have it and haven't over heated once while riding slow trails. Up to you, but that's the one I recommend.

A cheap fix is Engine Ice, or water wetter. Also those inline coolers seem to work well. Or you could drop the $ on the boyesen (thats the best). There are many solutions to the problem, If you want to go full bore, silicone hoses, boyesen pump, aftermarket radiators, engine ice, inline cooler, and also make sure to buy the 1.8 bar rad cap, that keeps all the cool stuff in there! Best trick is to keep moving IMO.