Sign in to follow this  

2004 Cr125r Swap Cylinder years?

Hey guys, fairly new to TT. Do a lot of reading an not much posting, but I am stumped. I can't find this info anywhere. I have a 2004 CR125R and I want to big bore it. I want to go to a 144cc but I've read that it can't be done on an 04. The biggest I've read that I can go is a 139. So my question is Can I swap a cylinder head from any other year 125 onto my bottom end so I can bore up to a 144? If so what years should I be looking for? I've read that the early 90's model engine were the ones to have right? I wouldn't mind to go for an 05-07 either. My main goal is to get to a 144 I just don't know if anything is interchangeable with my bastard year motor.(electronic pv)

So any info would be appreciated.

*2smokin*

Hey guys, fairly new to TT. Do a lot of reading an not much posting, but I am stumped. I can't find this info anywhere. I have a 2004 CR125R and I want to big bore it. I want to go to a 144cc but I've read that it can't be done on an 04. The biggest I've read that I can go is a 139. So my question is Can I swap a cylinder head from any other year 125 onto my bottom end so I can bore up to a 144? If so what years should I be looking for? I've read that the early 90's model engine were the ones to have right? I wouldn't mind to go for an 05-07 either. My main goal is to get to a 144 I just don't know if anything is interchangeable with my bastard year motor.(electronic pv)

So any info would be appreciated.

*2smokin*

Unfortunately you can't swap cylinders because you have the only year that doesn't have a mechanical power valve.