I'M STUCK! Yfz450r vs Ltr450

Hello folks. Let me start off by saying i used to own a quad (05 Trx450r)  It got boring because i could basically use it to its maximum potential all the time.   I sold it and bought my 07 Yz450f, the bike is an absolute blast but can be a handful in some tight spots.  Recently my buddy bought a 2012 Yfz450  not the R the base model,  It is way faster than my 450r i used to have and i'm having tons of fun on it, note that i can still ride it practically balls to the wall constantly with no problems.  So here is what i'm thinking.  Since i am very obviously a TON better on a quad than i ever could be on a bike i'm looking to buy a quad again but i'm not making no mistakes and i'm going for the top of food chain!!
Something that constantly has something to offer me and isn't going to hold back.

So my question is  a  Yfz450r? or an Ltr450?  i've read tons of things about both of them but i'd like some personal opinions from people who have ridden both of them or own them and what i should look out for ect ect..    

What kind of riding do you do?

I'm not trying to offend, but I would bet you were not riding that YFZ to it's full potential. If so, I suggest you begin racing big time.

Again, it all depends on riding style. An LTR is a decent XC and trail quad, but not a first choice by any means. I would take the YFZ.

If you ride a majority of tracks and dunes I suggest the LTR. They love to be opened up and let loose. If you are going for a track quad I would suggest the Can am DS450 as well, I don't know how much you are open to other suggestions.

What kind of riding do you do?

I'm not trying to offend, but I would bet you were not riding that YFZ to it's full potential. If so, I suggest you begin racing big time.

Again, it all depends on riding style. An LTR is a decent XC and trail quad, but not a first choice by any means. I would take the YFZ.

If you ride a majority of tracks and dunes I suggest the LTR. They love to be opened up and let loose. If you are going for a track quad I would suggest the Can am DS450 as well, I don't know how much you are open to other suggestions.

Yes I was riding it to its full potential there was no more quad left by the time I was done. I can smack rev limiter in 3rd and 4th everywhere. I've been told numerous times I should race I just don't have a huge interest in it for some reason lol. Keep in mind it was the carburetor lower hp yfz it was NOT the R model.

My riding style is riding trails as fast as I can possibly make the quad go. My buddy has a practice track I mess around on every once in a while that is the only track riding I do. And btw on that track I beat the yfz450 I was talking about on a 400ex with only a pipe by almost a lap.

About the suggestions I'm open to any 450 besides the trx. I don't like carbs and I don't like unicams. And I just plain don't like Hondas four strokes lol.

IMO the LT handles better and the Yamaha has more power. Rebuild your 450 and do a few minor things to it along with suspension mods and you'll blow both the LTR and the new YFZ out of the water. That's my $.02

I have a 450 bike lol. It can already blow them both out of the water stock. I think your confused on what you read. I don't own a 450 quad that's why I'm asking for opinions

I think you would benefit from a dirtbike...I'm not bagging on quads or anything, I enjoy them quite a bit.

The reason I say that is when you say trails I take it that you don't mean XC, harescramble type obstacle trails. If you are actually pushing a 450 to it's limits and you want more, it's either a quad build or a dirtbike. There's only so much you can get out of the stock 450 machines.

Maybe a ktm 525 if you are about keeping it stock? The 525 is a lot like the KTM450, just with much more torque. Both fantastic machines, and good for trails as well.

Again, if it's speed you're after, maybe a big bore can-am renegade is your best choice?

I think you would benefit from a dirtbike...I'm not bagging on quads or anything, I enjoy them quite a bit.

The reason I say that is when you say trails I take it that you don't mean XC, harescramble type obstacle trails. If you are actually pushing a 450 to it's limits and you want more, it's either a quad build or a dirtbike. There's only so much you can get out of the stock 450 machines.

Maybe a ktm 525 if you are about keeping it stock? The 525 is a lot like the KTM450, just with much more torque. Both fantastic machines, and good for trails as well.

Again, if it's speed you're after, maybe a big bore can-am renegade is your best choice?

I want quick fast arm wrenching acceleration.  I don't want a renegade.      And i don't want another bike, didn't you see my post i'm way better on a quad so i want a quad again. I'm not that great on bikes. I feel 10x more comfortable with 4 wheels wide open then 2.

A renegade is faster then a 450 in a straight line. It has over 80 hp and is a big twin, if you want arm wrenching acceleration there's what you're looking for. 

As far as race bikes, a 525 will blow a 450 out of the water if you happen to come across any. A lightly modded banshee will too and that's another thing to consider although they don't handle like your 450 does, they can be dollar for dollar made 10x faster then just about anything else out there. $3000 will get you over 70 hp. You can't get 70 hp from a 450 for that and when you do reach it, the motor won't hold together long enough for you to enjoy it. 

A renegade is faster then a 450 in a straight line. It has over 80 hp and is a big twin, if you want arm wrenching acceleration there's what you're looking for.

As far as race bikes, a 525 will blow a 450 out of the water if you happen to come across any. A lightly modded banshee will too and that's another thing to consider although they don't handle like your 450 does, they can be dollar for dollar made 10x faster then just about anything else out there. $3000 will get you over 70 hp. You can't get 70 hp from a 450 for that and when you do reach it, the motor won't hold together long enough for you to enjoy it.

Here's the problems I having with what your saying. 1 I want a fuel injected 450. Not a 2 ton renegade. Off the line any 450 stock will beat a renegade stock. sure if u race down the road the renegade will win but so will a raptor.. and last time I checked most of the trails aren't just straight wide open 2 lane roads. I also don't want a banshee or a 2 stroke at all for that matter. My dad has a 410 stroker banshee completely built yea it's fast as hell but handles like a turd, gets maybe an hour and a half ride on a full tank of gas, and needs rebuilt twice a year.. I don't want that. I want a hard acceleration fuel Injected light weight quad. Sure I heard the 525 will hit really hard but they are also pretty expensive and harder to come by. Not to mention I don't think any of them are fuel injection.

You can't get 70 hp from a 450 for that and when you do reach it, the motor won't hold together long enough for you to enjoy it. 

I'm sorry but that could not be more wrong. Stock bore/stroke LTR's have and can hit 55-60 and even more horsepower on multiple occasions.

70 hp is not hard to reach on a 450 if you've got the pockets for it. They are reliable motors as well, even built. 

Honestly you're listing everything that quads are not. I suggest a street bike or a dirt bike or something more along the lines of what you want out of a machine, unless you want to spend huge amounts of money on a built quad, that will never pay itself off or earn what you put into it.

Honestly you're listing everything that quads are not. I suggest a street bike or a dirt bike or something more along the lines of what you want out of a machine, unless you want to spend huge amounts of money on a built quad, that will never pay itself off or earn what you put into it.

I've rode the yfz450 and it was kinda close to what I want. It was pretty quick. I don't know what you mean. I'm pretty sure a modded ltr or yfz450r would be exactly what I'm looking for.... and can no one read I own a dirt bike right now... but I'm better on 4 wheels.

I'm sorry but that could not be more wrong. Stock bore/stroke LTR's have and can hit 55-60 and even more horsepower on multiple occasions.

70 hp is not hard to reach on a 450 if you've got the pockets for it. They are reliable motors as well, even built. 

again. HE DOES NOT WANT A BIKE!!!

If what you want is a crazy fast quad then buy a 450, sink $5k+ in aftermarket, never make your money back or get what you paid for out of it, ride it for a few years until it develops problems, repeat. You want a quad, but you want it to have all the characteristics of a bike.

Edited by 110Tim

If what you want is a crazy fast quad then buy a 450, sink $5k+ in aftermarket, never make your money back or get what you paid for out of it, ride it for a few years until it develops problems, repeat. You want a quad, but you want it to have all the characteristics of a bike.

Wrong. Just go to a different post if you are going to act stupid. I never said I wanted a quad that can beat hayabusas I just want a fuel injected 450. .. quad i wanted to know whats the best one

.where do u see me say anywhere I want a quad that is like a bike can you read.

Just face it quads are better than bikes

I couldn't disagree more. The only reason I want a quad is because I personally am better on a quad then I am on a bike. Other than that bikes are faster cooler and more fun overall. If I was as good on a bike as I am on a quad i wouldn't never ride a quad again.

You want something that's stupid fast compared to an already great performing 450, "quick arm wrenching acceleration", your only choices are a big bore machine, built 450, or a swapped bike (2 stroke 250, open class 2 stroke, 450 dirtbike motor).

I think that if 450's are enough for pros, their enough for you.