Sign in to follow this  

2007 DRZ400E Clutch cable/lever Question

I'm sure this will turn out to be a stupid question.  I just bought a 2007 DRZ400E and it is missing some parts which I am trying to identify/replace.

The mechanic I purchased the bike from said the cable in the picture below belonged to the decompression lever (which I can't imagine is correct?)  Anyone know what is missing?   This cable looks more like a second clutch cable.  And Fig 43 below states this is the  Clutch assembly.  I cannot find it in my shop manual or a similar part online.

I appreciate any help.

2007SuzukiDRZ400eClutch_zps1ccfaee1.jpg

The cable leads to this...

Suzukidrz400E-engine_zps791acdfa.jpg

10128_43.gif

Cable is for manual decomp and you're missing the lever (little black one in pic below):

DRZ400Cockpit.jpg

Lever assembly (part #10) can be found here: http://www.ronayers.com/LEFT-HANDLE-LEVER-DR-Z400Y-K1-K2-K3-K4-C196584.aspx

The manual decomp was standard on early kick-start DRZ-400 models.  Your E model should have camshafts with built-in automatic decomp mechanisms.  The mechanic or previous owner, retrofitted the manual decomp.  Does your bike also have a kick-start?  The threaded hole on the side of the clutch perch is for a clutch safety switch, which probably was also bypassed by the previous owner.

first arrow will be the decompression lever. second arrow is the clutch safety switch

Thanks!  Yeah this bike is kind of weird.  It was used by the border patrol, re-sold in auction, then sat in a mechanics shop for 3 years.  It was fairly beaten and stripped by the time I took possession.

I has both e-start and kick, which is nice.

It does not have FCR carb, which sux.   :(   Still cannot figure out how it does not have the FCR.