Sign in to follow this  

1982 Yamaha It465

Hey I was searching on Craigslist and I saw a yz250 for sale. I was going to try and trade my 97 kx125 for it but when I called he had sold it. The guy told me that he had a 1982 Yamaha it465. After talking to him he said he would trade my 97 kx125 and my 96 cr80 (has blown head gasket) for his It465 with $200 on his end. Should I take the trade? It looks like it is in great condition.

Unless you really want a 32 year old bike, regardless of the condition, I personally would pass.  I have been restoring a 1983 IT490K for almost two years now, and parts are pretty hard to find at times.

Yes, the Yamaha 465 powerplants are legendary for their power and reliability, but it is still 32 years old........

It looks cool, the only reason I even thought about trading was because it is a 465cc 2 stroke. The guy said he was going to make street legal but ran out of money. I was looking online and I found pistons and clutch plates for it on motorcycle super store. Those are the only parts I would be worried about replacing.

Edited by BLAKEB179

Unless you fell and hit your head, no. Thats a $700 bike at best. The CR alone would be worth it with a $10 gasket.

Edited by ickfinger

Another guy wanted to trade me a 2006 yz250f with new top end, cam chain, and carb. He wanted $750 on my end but I don't have cash. I am going to try to fix my 80 then sell it and trade for the yz250f.

I just sold my kx125 and I am on my way to pick up a 2002 yz125. I will post pics when I get home.

I just sold my kx125 and I am on my way to pick up a 2002 yz125. I will post pics when I get home.

• Like 1