Sign in to follow this  

Please help!

Hello everyone,

I am completely new to this whole world of dirt biking, I was literally introduced to it today when I learned to ride my buddies bike and we were going on trails at the end of the day. It is incredibly fun and now I am looking to buy a bike of my own. Im 17, 6'6, 280 pounds, so probably a decent sized bike (but I have no idea). Also I would like something, if this is possible, that is kind of easy for beginners. I can start and ride just fine, but if there is a bike that is more aimed for somebody who is just starting out, than I would probably go with one of those. Thank you for reading this far, and I will gladly take any advice you have to offer me.

Edited by Joeb905

Keep in mind that any bike you buy will require a lot of extra $$$ to get it working properly for you.   You'll need new springs and a re-valve f/r.  Tall bars, risers, seat and pegs etc.

So... make sure you pick the right bike and get something that you won't out grow to quickly.  :)

So what bike did you ride? Are you looking for a bike to ride trails and learn, or do you plan on riding track, jumping, etc?

For learning and trail riding I would go for an air cooled 4 stroke like a honda xr##. Friendly power delivery and friendly maintnance.

For jumping and going fast it will require more money to upgrade suspension and ergonomics, as mentioned already, because your size. Also mx bikes are going to require more maintenance in terms of time and money.

Good luck on your search.