Sign in to follow this  

42 Horsepower sb/ss DRZ 400

Ok, I use youtube to put videos in a post.

If you have an account try uploading it to youtube and then attaching it here in a post.

Never mind you got it!

Did you get an AFR reading with that pull?

Do you know how much power it made before all the mods?

Edited by Wisconsinite762

We are rich at need to get it leaner just a base run for break in to make sure not to lean will post AF tomorrow...stock was 34 HP not bad for a gain of 8 ...mine is next a 2009 SM going to get deck height correction made on mine more compression and some cams will post graphs of my personal build in a few weeks ....may put my head on flow bench and try a few things

Edited by motardguru

Ok, I use youtube to put videos in a post.

If you have an account try uploading it to youtube and then attaching it here in a post.

Never mind you got it!

Did you get an AFR reading with that pull?

Do you know how much power it made before all the mods?

Its rich ...will post AF and graph tomorrow. ..

Why wouldn't you put the dyno computer on the right side of the dyno? So he wouldn't have to reach across the bike to to run it.

Also, why is the seat? I don't think that you ride without the seat.

42 is a very nice result for s cams and s basegasket.

Most get 40 from your current mods.

You may be well able to get to 44 with E/Hot cams and E basegasket.

44 is the highest number i have ever seen from a stock bore.

34 is on the spot for stock so dyno is good.

well done and enjoy your ride!

BTW there are lots of people who will tell you flowing the dr-z head will only be good for bigbore/strokers and even then its only 2 HP.

Because Eddie said that. May be so, but: 

1) My bigbore no stroker did +3HP midrange +6HP (!) peak on the dyno,  ported/big valve head+Hotcams 1stgen stg2 (from Eddie!)

2) Also i know of at least 1 dr-z, modded very similar to yours, stock bore that did +4 HP with pre-post dyno, only mod beiing a ported head. (oem valves) That head flowed +8CFM. Saw the sheets myself. Great port job by the way by ABP germany. 

3) Then again, the dr-z head flows good from factory. It is hard to improve upon. Be warned.

Any engine will benefit from head flowing by improving combustion efficiency ...

I would have said getting 42hp (8hp gain) on stock cams and std compression is optimistic....

was your initial run done on this dyno....?? 

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Any engine will benefit from head flowing by improving combustion efficiency ...

I would have said getting 42hp (8hp gain) on stock cams and std compression is optimistic....

Any engine will benefit from head flowing by improving combustion efficiency ...Deck Head un shroud valves...gets it where it is now....

Deck Head un shroud valves gets this build where its at now and its good for a few more ....add some cams and good piston I see 50 easy. ..

Deck Head un shroud valves gets this build where its at now and its good for a few more ....add some cams and good piston I see 50 easy. ..

With increased compression and special grind cams is see another 4 to 6....Keep us updated.... :thumbsup:

Edited by Craigo 485sm
  • Like 2

Stock bore/stock stroke

Oh ahh thank you. Should have been a bit obvious...LOL!

Stay tuned guys. ...my 09..is on the rollers next week..dyno before with same mods as above...and my 8-9 horespower recipe. ..new piston..mixed matched cams will be added ...I will be keeping the sb/ss..displacement 91 octane pump gas too...as well as reliable going to see if it is any good....Pretty confident it will be...no head porting just some combustion chamber mods...and valves....with different cuts. Think its there...:)

Edited by motardguru
  • Like 1