Sign in to follow this  

My BRP Mod Walk Around Video :)

Jealous! 

Bike looks good and ready for the trip. 

You best be posting some riding footage when you get home :)

Jealous! 

Bike looks good and ready for the trip. 

You best be posting some riding footage when you get home :)

Thanks sir! And I aims to!

nice start.... you do know it never ends, only thing I didnt see is a tube or patch kit.......we all know the motor will run 4 ever but you could get a flat...happy trails

...I would do what you mentioned. Smaller blinkers, vapor and battery relocation with a xr600r side cover.  Myself, i would start by getting rid of the battery and briefcase and get a shorai or ballistic. You will ditch about 9lbs with the stock battery and hard ware. Your bike will look better and you should notice a little difference in how the bike feels with that crap gone. My first ballistic was a dud. One of the terminals inside had a hair line crack causing a intermintent electrical/connection problem. Drove me half nuts trying to trouble shoot it. Even went out and bought a new cdi. The replacement ballistic under warranty has worked flawlessly. Has been soaked with water, mud. Has seen all types of terrain, all types of crashes, freezing temps, hot temps and has been sitting in my pig all winter in a cold basement not charged except for a few rides this winter and it always starts the pig up. Great tiny small battery.

nice start.... you do know it never ends, only thing I didnt see is a tube or patch kit.......we all know the motor will run 4 ever but you could get a flat...happy trails

Yeah there is always something! I usually keep a spare tube in that tank bag there, a front, although I coordinate with the people im riding with, if i bring a front they bring a rear or vice versus

...I would do what you mentioned. Smaller blinkers, vapor and battery relocation with a xr600r side cover.  Myself, i would start by getting rid of the battery and briefcase and get a shorai or ballistic. You will ditch about 9lbs with the stock battery and hard ware. Your bike will look better and you should notice a little difference in how the bike feels with that crap gone. My first ballistic was a dud. One of the terminals inside had a hair line crack causing a intermintent electrical/connection problem. Drove me half nuts trying to trouble shoot it. Even went out and bought a new cdi. The replacement ballistic under warranty has worked flawlessly. Has been soaked with water, mud. Has seen all types of terrain, all types of crashes, freezing temps, hot temps and has been sitting in my pig all winter in a cold basement not charged except for a few rides this winter and it always starts the pig up. Great tiny small battery.

Yeah my next mod is most definitely the shorai battery and I'll probably do the turn signals at the same time. I think after that I will do the suspension (front and rear), THEN the vapor trail computer, and THEN after all that mod the transmission to raise the 5th and lower 2nd gear, I also wouldn't mind getting a beefier rear break lever at some point, and Ive been toying with the idea of removing the rear brake light switch to save weight, since i never use the rear on tarmac unless I am already using the front

Yeah there is always something! I usually keep a spare tube in that tank bag there, a front, although I coordinate with the people im riding with, if i bring a front they bring a rear or vice versus

Yeah my next mod is most definitely the shorai battery and I'll probably do the turn signals at the same time. I think after that I will do the suspension (front and rear), THEN the vapor trail computer, and THEN after all that mod the transmission to raise the 5th and lower 2nd gear, I also wouldn't mind getting a beefier rear break lever at some point, and Ive been toying with the idea of removing the rear brake light switch to save weight, since i never use the rear on tarmac unless I am already using the front

How much do you figuire that rear brake light switch might weigh?

How much do you figuire that rear brake light switch might weigh?

Not a ton, but when you pull a bunch of small stuff off like that it adds up. Plus it is pretty much useless, and its a simple connect/disconnect so I can always re attach it if i want to in future

Not a ton, but when you pull a bunch of small stuff off like that it adds up. Plus it is pretty much useless, and its a simple connect/disconnect so I can always re attach it if i want to in future

I will let you know when i remove mine and weigh it at work. I too believe in shedding as much stuff/weight off the old red fatty. :rolleyes:  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

I will let you know when i remove mine and weigh it at work. I too believe in shedding as much stuff/weight off the old red fatty. :rolleyes:  :thumbsup: 

I am right there with you! If you can think of any other useless crap to pull off let me know! I have yanked the following from mine (im sure I missed something, and im only listing free pull off stuff that you dont replace):

• brake light switch
  • rear fender support
  • passenger pegs
  • seat strap (yep, i liked the way it looked, but I agree, its useless)
  • snorkel
  • side stand switch
  • chain guard

I am right there with you! If you can think of any other useless crap to pull off let me know! I have yanked the following from mine (im sure I missed something, and im only listing free pull off stuff that you dont replace):

• brake light switch
  • rear fender support
  • passenger pegs
  • seat strap (yep, i liked the way it looked, but I agree, its useless)
  • snorkel
  • side stand switch
  • chain guard

You already started the "transformation". Go hog wild on that pig! :thumbsup: Put it on an extreme diet. Go back and read a few threads i posted. I chisled away 32 lbs off of mine. And while you may not smoke any ktms out in the woods anytime soon, it turns a good pig into a great pig! When i first got mine it was a slug. only way it would wheelie in 1st was using the clutch. Now it wheelies without the clutch in 2nd. Handles better, is more responsive, and is just a lot more fun to ride off road. Its actually a blast off road now.