Sign in to follow this  

91 xr 600 bog problems

My bike starts bogging like its getting to much gas or not enough when the rpms go up I think there's sum thing wrong because my buddy's xr250 keeps up with mine. does anybody know was wrong. The choke plate broke off inside and I took it out but does it need it and does anybody know where I can get a cheap carb if need be

I the holes further up the emulsion tube is plugged. You can take it out with the carb still in. Take the bowl bolt out. A 14mm i think. The mains right under it. I think the main jets a 6mm and the tubes next, a bit bigger maybe a 7mm. Easy to pull out. I suggest do this as a minimum. Pull whole carb and really give it a cleaning. Max.

Next, how are you certain the choke didnt send any peices into the motor?

Itll run fine withouth it, just harder to start cold

A missing choke plate will not cause your running problems. The aftermath of one getting sucked into the engine, however, could.

It could also be as simple as crud in the carb or a problem with the ignition and/or electrical systems. A loose coil wire had me jetting my carb in circles when I was still new to XR600s.

Does your engine's bogging problem depend on throttle opening? If not, then it's probably not jetting.