Sign in to follow this  

2011 CRF450 Error Code Help

I just purchased a 2011 CRF 450 and I have not had a fuel injected bike before. I get the bike home and the orange light on the kill switch is blinking. I have been searching and definitly found out it is some type of error code and that the codes are in the owners manaul. I don't have one and tried to find a pdf version online which i can not also but maybe somebody on here has one or can help out.

The code blinks to short blinks then nothing then two short blinks etc. So it seems like the code is just 2 short blinks. If anybody has any idea what that is and possible fix please let me know. The bike starts and runs but seems hard to start.

Thanks

Yes. MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor performance problem. Check that the vacuum line and wires are connected properly and not pinched or split. MAP sensor is on the Throttle Body.

Edited by susco64

I have the tank off and unplugged the map sensor susco64 said to check the vacuum lines, Does anybody know where they are on the bike. Also I was looking around and read to unplug the ecu to reset the code if someone can point me in the right direction to where that is.

Thanks

Well good news and bad news. The issue is that the vacuum house isn't even connected to the sensor. The bad news is the part to attached it to is broken off so I can't push the hose on. Guess I need a new sensor. Anybody know where to get one at a good price.

Maybe you could ream the hole slightly and put a vacum tee in or union tee like above said superglue it to the sensor

Well I managed to us some Locktite Epoxy on it. I put several coats and build a nice layer on the outside. Once it cured I pressed the hose hose on and installed it on the bike and bingo works like a charm now. 

I just hope it lasts but for now saved about $80.

Thanks for the help everybody.

Keep your eye on the valve clearances as you were investing dirty air while that vacuum hose was disconnected...

Keep your eye on the valve clearances as you were investing dirty air while that vacuum hose was disconnected...

The guy probably broke the nipple off messing about under there shimming the intakes, then got the code and gave up. FWIW, I hate that new gen cam tower. Its a pain in the ass. I like the idea of how the cam chain drops off the end and all that, but that bridge across the cam itself bugs...

The bridge adds strength & rigidity...

Granted. I guess having custom feelers that are pre-bent out of those foot long pieces feeler stock would make checking the lash easier. I just havent gone there. If I were doing it every day, it'd be the best 40 bucks I'd ever spent.

Granted. I guess having custom feelers that are pre-bent out of those foot long pieces feeler stock would make checking the lash easier. I just havent gone there. If I were doing it every day, it'd be the best 40 bucks I'd ever spent.

I hear that. I don't fix many messed up bikes so I don't have to mess with clearances on the bike. I don't even check clearances until a bike becomes hard to start. Only a handful of times in the past 6-7yrs I have been riding. Guys buy a bike from me I make them repeat some cardinal rules before they take the bike, so dirt stays out of the valves I guess.