Sign in to follow this  

Need a little help selecting bike.

I want to do a street legal Super Moto, I am wondering with a big HP motor single which chasses of any brand over the years were the best for sliding and letting it all hang out and work well at speed and stay hooked up with the rear out, I have been out of the loop for a long time so I really have no idea. I do know the newer chasses have been becoming more Super X oriented and not as stable at speed?

I am 6 foot 5 if that helps, thanks for any info.

Edited by Whipitnow

LoL!!! Do you actually think you're good enough to slide, and let it all hang out on the street??? If you are, then stay off, and put your ass on the track where it belongs

Some bikes do it easy and others drop out from under you, this is the thing a lot of old timers who have been around remember when a bike rode plush because it was steel and the new Aluminum bikes ride completely different but the young cats do not know this. So just saying the new bikes are designed with Super X in mind and do not necessarily translate to a good road high speed mount.

I am sure some bikes work better at speed when sliding compared to others, It is all trade offs you know. With a good bike that hooks up solid in those conditions you do not need to be great to look great. Equipment plays alot in this.

Edited by Whipitnow