Sign in to follow this  

street legal XR400R rear fender choices...help!

My boss just finally got his XR400R titled and is looking for a MX style rear fender. The Acerbis rear fender is NOT the look he wants, that looks close to stock. Looking for a nice MX fender with or without a tail light mount. We seem to have checked everywhere and cant find one that will work. If it is not a fender that bolts right up, can anyone tell me a fender that will fit from other models with or without modification? thanks for the help :ride:

My boss just finally got his XR400R titled and is looking for a MX style rear fender. The Acerbis rear fender is NOT the look he wants, that looks close to stock. Looking for a nice MX fender with or without a tail light mount. We seem to have checked everywhere and cant find one that will work. If it is not a fender that bolts right up, can anyone tell me a fender that will fit from other models with or without modification? thanks for the help :ride:

Check out the maier xr 400 rear fender on ebay. I was gonna pick one up but they are about $60

Use CRF fenders if you want the straight "modern" look. You'll have to hack up the rear a bit, but no big deal.

Use CRF fenders if you want the straight "modern" look. You'll have to hack up the rear a bit, but no big deal.

Well, he doesn't really like the strait sharp fender look. Wanting more of an older CR250 fender with the rounded slope look. He calls the stock fender a "snow shovel" haha I agree with him.

maier has the best lookin mx style for sure, but i really like the snowshovel with the low profile top mount light... replace with LED bulb and flush blinkers is best dual sport option...  maier would be best if no dual sport... IMO...

Got all the plastics through rockymountainatv.com. I just checked, looks like the rear fender is still available, I think it looks far superior to the Maier, and better quality plastic to boot. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397926469.648880.jpg

Front fender is Polisport UFX Freeflow universal and didn't require any trimming. It is two parts, rear part is cutout for better air flow. Draw back is a little more dirt/mud cleanup, but not bad at all.

Seat/tank are A-Loop. I trimmed up the seat pan and foam to fit the CR250 seat cover (reds are a little off though).

Rear fender fit well, plus I added the Tusk led tail light kit and flush turn signals. Side panels do not fit with tight tolerance, but they were inexpensive. Overall it has turned out nice.

• Like 1

Woahhhh dude. Tell me the specs on that bike. Front fender? And is that a 2000-2001 cr250 tank and shrouds?

Also polisport doesn't make that rear fender anymore... Or at least we can't find it anywhere.

It's a CRF fender.  ;)

Okay, so I talked to my boss and it's not that he couldn't get the maier, I think it's that he couldn't find it in red? He wants all red plastic. I dunno...

On 4/20/2014 at 7:14 AM, brraaapperdoodle said:

Okay, so I talked to my boss and it's not that he couldn't get the maier, I think it's that he couldn't find it in red? He wants all red plastic. I dunno...

Yes, too bad they are only in White. Will change the front fender to match when i do this change.