Sign in to follow this  

Drz jug leaking?

Hey guys, I'm looking at a 2000 E model. Looks like the lower cylinder jug may be cracked a little and is leaking gas. It has been sitting for over 2 years. So I'm not sure if froze and busted or what. Has anyone ever dealt with an issue like this? If so, what does it cost to fix?

Welch plugs are known to leak on older models, there's a how to in the FAQ on how to repair them.

I don't have a pic of it right now. I will try to go take a pic of it later.

Hey guys, I'm looking at a 2000 E model. Looks like the lower cylinder jug may be cracked a little and is leaking gas. It has been sitting for over 2 years. So I'm not sure if froze and busted or what. Has anyone ever dealt with an issue like this? If so, what does it cost to fix?

It's leaking gas? 

best if you can post a pic and point out where you think it is leaking and what the fluid is

Yeah, I was told gas is what was leaking. There is no gas that low in the motor is there?

Its not leaking gas here. But here's the crack.

Yup that's cracked

And likely from freezing

Unless a crank/ rod / piston catastrophic failure occurred

If is just damage from freezing

It will need at least a cylinder kit

Google cylinder works for good replacement options and price

the head needs to be inspected as well I would expect the welch plugs to be pushed out and possible a crack in the head cooling passages

I'm second guessing the buy after seeing this. Apparently Georgia doesnt let an "offroad" use bike be titled for street use. Is this bike worth $750 knowing all this. I wouldnt mind having the FCR on my S.

Edited by BPayne8