Sign in to follow this  

03~04 cr250 airboot and exhaust on 02?

I was looking at the changes from year to year and saw that honda made changes to the airboot for a straighter, more direct air path for better lower end. Has anyone put a newer airboot on an 02 CR? Was any improvement noticed?

As for the exhaust, I saw they also made changes to the expansion pipe in 03. Has anyone switched out the pipes? If so, was there a noticeable difference?

Yes to both questions.  Running an 03 airboot as the 02 is more of an angle & an 03 expansion chamber as well.  Did some testing & there is noticeable gains in throttle response & lowend vs. the 02 parts. 

Also the reed cage is a better design on the 03 with a one piece unit & 8 reed petal vs. the 02 is a  two piece unit & 4 petal design.  Noticed an improvement in throttle response & lowend.    

Thanks for the info H4L. I will probablygo ahead and order the 03 airboot, and get the exhaust at a later time. When i order the airboot, do i need to order any of the other hardware to go with it (foam, fasteners, plates, etc.?

As for the reed valve, i am running the VForce3 so i assume that I am good there.

If I recall the airboot has the same bolt pattern & is just a straighter configuration.   On the V-force 3 if it's a one piece unit you should be good.