Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket muffler opinions

I bought a bone stock 05 MXC 525. I was thinking of up grading to an after market exhaust. My buddie tell me to stay away from FMF, and go with Aceriprovic, not sure i spelled that right. Im new to the off road world, so im pretty unfamiliar with most of the products. Any good reviews to read would be much appreciated as well.

Put the money towards something else. Maybe suspension?  The ktm muffler is a quality piece. And reasonably quiet too.

• Like 3

Only reason I replaced my stock muffler was the PO must have gotten it wet, rusted all to hell when I tried to repack it. Bought a Lexx unit, real quiet, don't notice any difference in performance. I have yet to have the throttle wfo wishing I had more go!!

• Like 1

What Kind of suspension upgrades do you guys suggest. I set it up for my weight and it definitely made a huge difference. I was thinking of getting some hand guards and an engine guard first. I can definitely see the need for a steering stabilizer, should I do that with suspension upgrades?

I have a brand new fmf rct 4.1 / mega bomb header.for 13/14 450 sxf/xcf. Mxboy2661@yahoo.com can save someone alotta $$$

Hand guards are a really good idea. You thank yourself every time you bounce your guards off a tree. Engine guards are a must as well.

Steering dampers are a worthy addition, but I would have your suspension re-valved first. Keep your eyes open for a used damper, you will save a shitload over new. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.

• Like 1

I have a brand new fmf rct 4.1 / mega bomb header.for 13/14 450 sxf/xcf. Mxboy2661@yahoo.com can save someone alotta $$$

You still have it available?  Do you know if it will bolt up to a 14 500 XC-W?

Gamma function. Its still available. Im pretty sure it fits but double check