Sign in to follow this  

CRF230F suspension?

So I am 14 and have been riding before I could talk! I am 140ish pounds! I know a crf230f is not a race bike but I don't have the money for a nother bike. I have a track in my back yard that I move around with a little frontend louder and its fun! Ive been doing large jumps lately and its been hurting me. So one of my questions is how to make it more spongy can I just change the springs or do I need a whole new shock??? Also my dad is getting me a spot at a race soon and I'm wondering what else do I need to make it acceptable race machine, again I know it not a race bike but Im not bragging or anything but i believe I would stand a chance????

You will want to get springs set up for your weight. You can look at the race tech gold valves for the forks but the shock is something you have to take into a shop since you can't open it up by hand and a new shock would cost and arm and a leg. I think it was John Hlebo that works on shocks but he's over in San Jose, California.

Thanks I've put a new spring in that my dad got from a friend! its way better! But now I'm feeling the front forks aren't so good is there any way to adjust them? Also is it safe to take out the exhaust baffle spark arrestor I've heard mixed answers??

Edited by killerbear

Exhaust baffle is ok as long as you rejet for it. Check the 230 section but honda sells a " power up kit" which includes a new needle and main jet. It will wake up the bike a lot considering the cost.

Edited by izcain