Sign in to follow this  

2013 CRF450 Ron Hamp Motor review

Hey all,

I took my 13 CRF450 motor to Ron Hamp over the winter to get his port, camp, ecu map, and piston combo that he recommends and I couldn't be happier with the results.   The bike is very easy to ride with a lot more power from bottom to top.   The last time I rode the bike was at Motoland's (Indiana) last ride day in 2013.   With a little arm pump I still put in 3-5 seconds faster lap times than my best last year and that was the 1st ride of the year!!  

• Like 1

Congrats .... I think its bad when u have to spend 7k plus on a bike then turn around and have to spend thousands just to make it competitive i wish honda would get a clue

Hmm I agree to a extent. They come restricted while staying competitive. Anybody that's been around straight hp kings knows they're the first to wear out for obvious reasons. Me and a lot of people I know ride red because they last. period.

around $1500 to get the Honda going with a pro level engine the Yamaha may be the best bike cost wise to get power from the ktms and the kawaski need major welding in the heads to achieve the Hondas power curve when moded dealing with pros is a diferent story every one of them want a different power delivery. Im supplying a cam to Chad cook for his 450 it will be interesting to see what he thinks and im sure that since he practices with canard and has rode the factory bikes that there will be some comparing going on it would be nice to see what trey thinks of the cams power delivery.

Edited by Ron Hamp

I know they run real good with mods , thats what bothers me honda has a good platform to build on so y not make it better from the factory, ive heard of close to 70 hp crfs that are so smooth its a shame really