Sign in to follow this  

HELP

I bought the bike used the guy said it say for 2 years I changed all the fluids oil coolant gas filters did that rode it once it rode find besides the fact it was a bitch to start when it got hot sometimes it would start one kick others it would have to be pop started. I was washing the bike and when I finished I kicked the bike and let it idle for about 6 minutes I set a timer so I knew how long then I turned the choke off and touched the throttle and the engine just cut out and seized. I don't know anything about four strokes but I just know it cost so much to fix them and labor rates being at 90$ a hour I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be some riding for a good while. And on top of everything I just ordered a full dr.d exhaust I'm not even gonna get to put on

I don't know about the bike, but it's usually good to wash it before opening up the engine so dirt can't fall in.

It's already blown up now a little dirt isn't gonna hurt it I was washing it untill it died. Thanks for the input

I see screws backed out of the caps and maybe broken buckets? Is this what we're looking at?

Edited by nesc103y

Looking at the marks on the cam bolts I'd say someone was lacking skills in motor building. Really feel for you but motor was probably put together to just get sold. Unfortunately your going to have to take in down to the crank, no way around it.

I'm not sure if the piston is messed up or anything though like the kick start is seized I was just wondering a rough estimate on oarts without labor

Yz125

Kx250f

I'm not sure if the piston is messed up or anything though like the kick start is seized I was just wondering a rough estimate on oarts without labor

Yz125

Kx250f

if you do the work could run $500-1500

You had a couple of post on timing and clutch a couple of days ago and someone even call out that you didnt sound like you knew what you were doing. These engines are easy to work on if you take the time to learn them with a manual, step by step. It gets expensive when you dont know what your doing.

Edited by smallfry680