Sign in to follow this  

Rev box?

Snake oil, the DRZ'S torque curve ends well before red line.

I agree but this magical box claims to recurve your hp and torque curves. So from what I've read on it which isn't a whole lot it's extending your redline as well as extending your curve and your sweet spot. Resulting in more hp and more torque. Personally sounds like a bunch of bs to me that's why I was wondering if anyone had tried it

Only way to test would be on a dyno side by side. I'm sure if you search you can find threads with Eddie talking about them and showering dyno sheets.

Snake oil, the DRZ'S torque curve ends well before red line.

Agree...no performance advantage revving this high unless your engine is highly modified, the stock valve train won't like the extra rpm..

That box won't beneficially change your power curve...

Dynatec do a programmable cdi but you have to know what your doing to achieve any advantage from it 

I agree but this magical box claims to recurve your hp and torque curves. So from what I've read on it which isn't a whole lot it's extending your redline as well as extending your curve and your sweet spot. Resulting in more hp and more torque. Personally sounds like a bunch of bs to me that's why I was wondering if anyone had tried it

think about it:

HOW is an electric box going to 'recurve your hp and torque curves', on a carburated engine ? 

changing the spark timing or rev limiter is going to do nothing besides increase the chances of pinging or valve float. niether of which is a good idea. 

keep the snake oil in the salesmans van, and your money in your pocket. 

• Like 2

my friend has a rev box on his little xr100 or crf 80 or something and it made a big difference..

not sure if drz would net similar gains though

Edited by 707LAKE

my friend has a rev box on his little xr100 or crf 80 or something and it made a big difference..

not sure if drz would net similar gains though

A lot of the smaller, young rider aimed bikes are heavily restricted from the factory to make riding more manageable for little riders. PW 50/80 similar examples.

The DRZ is not downtuned from the factory like that.