Sign in to follow this  

Unabiker Radiator Guards

Any reason not to get these? I've got a the big Clarke tank and a fan... I emailed Unabiker to ask if that would be a problem, but haven't heard back.

I realize there's less airflow than with the guards that are simply frames, like OEM Beta's, but I'd rather have the extra protection in the front, if I'm going to bother with guards.

They cost about half of what the Bullet Proof Designs cost, but look pretty similar. So, I don't know any better.

The Unibiker guards are every bit as good as the Bulletproof ones. Mine have been crash tested more than once. The reason they are cheaper in cost is because the are not CNC machined from billet material. Just as strong. 

I will say they are a bit of a pain to mount. But the side protection is a lot better than the billet ones IMO. This is due to the thick aluminum rods that go across and tie everything together.

Plenty of room for a fan.

100_2778-1.jpg

100_2781.jpg

100_2775.jpg

100_2777-1.jpg

No Beta experience with these but I put a set on my buddy's GG and they are nice stuff especially for the $. I would not hesitate if they fit. I don't get the hype of the bulletproof guards. A big rigid grill that leaves most of the side unprotected.

I had the unabikers on my drz and crash tested them thoroughly: excellent product.

They will likely be installed on my beta this summer (but the stock set-up is pretty crash proof, so no hurry for me).

The front being partly covered will have little/no effect on cooling.  It will cause the air to be more turbulent and lower velocity, both of which will improve heat transfer, and will reduce volume only a small amount, and only at speed (when you don't need the volume). 

On my drz I didn't notice any difference with the fan/temp light coming on more often-would expect the same on the beta.

Good to know, thanks. I'm still waiting to hear from Unabiker. If they confirm that they fit with the big tank, I'll buy 'em.

Just installed mine :goofy:

*I ordered mine from DirtyDave...weird cause I thought I was ordering a beta product and I get unabiker.  Don't mind since I was looking at these anyway.

You have to move the horn which i didn't know.

They sure do look purty.

temporary_zps847dbb69.jpg

with the shroud on

th_temporary_zps977109b4.jpg

Edited by inspects

*I ordered mine from DirtyDave...weird cause I thought I was ordering a beta product and I get unabiker.  Don't mind since I was looking at these anyway.

You have to move the horn which i didn't know.

They sure do look purty.

temporary_zps847dbb69.jpg

with the shroud on

th_temporary_zps977109b4.jpg

Those are really nice. They are actually a Beta product made by Unibiker. My Beta guards are made by Enduro Engineering. I like yours better!

file_zpsa0fe7a40.jpg

file_zpsa7a1ff77.jpg

Mine offer only side protection, nothing but stock shrouds in front.

100_2929.jpg

*I ordered mine from DirtyDave...weird cause I thought I was ordering a beta product and I get unabiker.  

I didn't see those on his website. Did you call and ask him to get them? (I'm still waiting to hear from Unabiker about the guards fitting the Clarke tank).

I see you have a 2013RR... Unabiker's site says their guards are for 2010-2012. Weird.

I didn't see those on his website. Did you call and ask him to get them? (I'm still waiting to hear from Unabiker about the guards fitting the Clarke tank).

I see you have a 2013RR... Unabiker's site says their guards are for 2010-2012. Weird.

Don't hold your breath, that is a big stretch to ask an aftermarket parts builder to guarantee fitment with another aftermarket part builders parts. On a very limited distributed motorcycle.

Just saying. Though I'd just try, as Chris has big rad guards on his Clark. Might be slightly snug. But aftermarket tanks flex/stretch soo much.

If it is slightly tight, leave it outside with a full tank of fuel in the sun for the day, by the end of the day it will be fine

Originally I called Unabiker and ask if their guards would fit my bike.  They said yes.  Next I went to BetaUSA and saw they had some guards for the same price.  Called up Getdirty and ordered 

Beta Racing Radiator Guards #AB-21131

since he had on in stock.

Little did I know they are actually Unabiker guards.

• Like 1

Don't hold your breath, that is a big stretch to ask an aftermarket parts builder to guarantee fitment with another aftermarket part builders parts. On a very limited distributed motorcycle.

Just saying. Though I'd just try, as Chris has big rad guards on his Clark. Might be slightly snug. But aftermarket tanks flex/stretch soo much.

If it is slightly tight, leave it outside with a full tank of fuel in the sun for the day, by the end of the day it will be fine

They are snug. In fact the tank actually touches my guards. Not a problem since I just folded over some double sided tape where it makes contact. This is an issue on any aftermarket rad guards when using the big tanks. The tanks have quite a bit of give and flex so as to make fitment pretty simple. 

While on the subject of tanks, if you are using the Clarke, there is no need to install the front/top bracket when mounting the tank. The rear bolt and two bottom bolts are more than sufficient to secure the tank. It makes for much easier removal for servicing. I also use a quick release fuel line and separate petcocks for quick tank swaps.

file_zps043f3f92.jpg

Ron, I would just go for it. After seeing the Unibiker guards mounted, they are not going to impede any more than the thick "Enduro Engineering" style I have. I'm sure you will be able to make them work with a little persuasion. 

Well, I installed the Unabiker guards last night/today. I'll say they "fit" with the Clarke tank (and fan), but man, it's a tight fit. It took me almost an HOUR to get my tank on! I'm glad they weren't too expensive, because if I ever need to remove them, I doubt I will reinstall them. Although, a lot of time was spent getting the holes drilled in the guard for the fan, the basic install was still a PITA.

On the plus side, they look like they will work, and seem well made.

:thumbsup:

Well, I installed the Unabiker guards last night/today. I'll say they "fit" with the Clarke tank (and fan), but man, it's a tight fit. It took me almost an HOUR to get my tank on! I'm glad they weren't too expensive, because if I ever need to remove them, I doubt I will reinstall them. Although, a lot of time was spent getting the holes drilled in the guard for the fan, the basic install was still a PITA.

On the plus side, they look like they will work, and seem well made.

Sorry I did not mention what a difficult install they are. Don't feel too bad. I had a hell of a time fitting my KTM ones. Try to post some pics when you can. I know exactly what you mean about the tank!

I really like to hear that it's not just me who struggles with some of this stuff. Good job getting er' done!