Sign in to follow this  

Rekluse from a crf in the CR250R 07?

I have a friend selling his rekluse from his crf 450 08 and i'm wondering if it will fit without any mod...

Any of you guys around tried that already?

Edited by lephil

yes it will work. Im running an 09 crf 450 rekluse in my 99 cr 250.. The only thing I had to do was but 2 more clutch springs, bc the 09 in a 4 spring clutch and our 250s are 6 spring.   Since the one you are wanting to buy is a 6 spring clutch also it will drop right in. 

I might ask, Which rekluse clutch is it? Im referring to the EXP 2.0. I can't say for sure about the other ones.

I can't seem to find the answer but maybe you will know. What is the difference bet/ the EXP model line, and the pro z-start??

I have a friend selling his rekluse from his crf 450 08 and i'm wondering if it will fit without any mod...

Any of you guys around tried that already?

It will fit with a new cover gasket, inner spring, and throw-out spacer assuming we are talking about the Z-start Pro.

I did the same thing with my 2003 and it works great!

It will fit with a new cover gasket, inner spring, and throw-out spacer assuming we are talking about the Z-start Pro.

That's a GREAT news!

Yes i should have specified I'm looking to do this with a : Rekluse Z-start Pro

Could you be more specific on which parts / where i could find those : cover gasket, inner spring, and throw-out spacer ?

What did you use?

thanks again!

Edited by lephil

Ok i figured it out... by simply ordering the parts from rekluse of course :)

I went through the same thing a few months ago. Tried to swap a Z-start from 05' CRF450 to an 03'CR250 and needed the throw out spacer. Rekluse told me that they discontinued that model and the parts are no longer available. They were willing to give me a slight discount on a new EXP model. The discount was very small and I'm irritated by the lack of after sales support.

The guy from rekluse did not tell me the throw out spacer was unaivailable. humm, damn...

crazy thing is that i have the confirmation they still have the gasket

ok so my next step would be to see if that throw out spacer can be modified in some way, i case the rekluse guy confirm it can't be ordered.

for those who made the swap, did you eventually check the difference between the throw out spacer of the crf and cr?

Edited by lephil

The guy from rekluse did not tell me the throw out spacer was unaivailable. humm, damn...

crazy thing is that i have the confirmation they still have the gasket

ok so my next step would be to see if that throw out spacer can be modified in some way, i case the rekluse guy confirm it can't be ordered.

for those who made the swap, did you eventually check the difference between the throw out spacer of the crf and cr?

Its just a washer.

Well yeah i know but the thickness could make it difficult to adjust the clutch correctly / perfectly, if not right, i presume?

Well yeah i know but the thickness could make it difficult to adjust the clutch correctly / perfectly, if not right, i presume?

Sorry my point was that its a simple part. You will likely be able to find the equilivent to on the shelf at a well stocked hardware store

yes knowing the thickness of this spacer would be perfect!

by chance, did you checked the difference between the two spacers at the time?

by chance, did you checked the difference between the two spacers at the time?

No, I didn't bother. I bought the parts through Rekluse Canada last July. Seems strange that there is no NOS parts around. I have heard of some who just ran it with the CRF parts with a home made gasket and it worked out fine, or so they said!

I'm a believer of buying the right parts, so I went that route. I might pull it out soon, and if I do, I will measure the spacer.

thanks that would be awesome :)

I also like to have the right parts...