Sign in to follow this  

200xcw pipe fitment?

Hey I got a 06 ktm 200xcw and the seller put a 02 pipe on it. It seems to fit ok but I feel like it should fit better. So does this pipe actually fit or is it the wrong pipe?

As far as I can tell, the shape of the pipes changed slightly over the years but the mounting points have remained the same. Is the pipe new? If not, it just may be tweaked a bit. When you say "fit better" where is it not fitting to your liking?

It won't seal and the angle going into the engine isn't correct.

I would put that in the "tweaked" category. Figure out which way it needs to go to be right, get a large pipe or piece of wood that will fit into the head pipe. Sometimes they are easy to re-align sometimes it take a bit of effort. I machined a piece of heavy wall steel pipe to fit, then added a piece of square tubing on the ID which I can then use another piece of tubing as a lever. Sometimes the hardest part is figuring out how to hold the pipe. Good luck!

Well I looked at a parts diagram and saw that there are two o-rings that seal the pipe and the engine, my pipe only has one a spot for one.

Well I looked at a parts diagram and saw that there are two o-rings that seal the pipe and the engine, my pipe only has one a spot for one.

That sounds to me like a 99 pipe that actually doesn't use any o-rings but does appear to have a spot for one. My 01 200 stock pipe uses two o-rings. Can you post a picture?

That sounds to me like a 99 pipe that actually doesn't use any o-rings but does appear to have a spot for one. My 01 200 stock pipe uses two o-rings. Can you post a picture?

The 99 sounds like it, I went ahead and got a new pipe should be here wednesday.

Thank you very much.

• Like 1