Sign in to follow this  

What year is my yz250f

This number is from my 09 YZ 250F and it seems to differ from yours. I think your best bet is to call a Yamaha dealer and see how they determine year from the VIN #. I am guessing it's not registered, if it were you could look on the title or if the title is lost you could call you local tag/registration office and get them to run the # and tell you what year it is.

0417141613.jpg

yeah its strange because i was expecting to see a 9 in there somewhere at least..

Yeah its not registered i dont think..not for legal road use at least.

Is it possible its not the original frame?  Is there a code on the engine i could cross check

Anything is possible but the VIN # is what determines the year and it's always on the frame. You know they changed the bike in 2010 but not sure what the first year of the 09 style was. I bet if you call a dealer with that # they could help.

Well the 2010 was the year they changed the styling, so id think you could tell that difference. I know in 09 they made the rear axle larger (25mm vs. the previous 22mm) may be one way to try and check. Can you post a picture of the whole bike?

Anything is possible but the VIN # is what determines the year and it's always on the frame. You know they changed the bike in 2010 but not sure what the first year of the 09 style was. I bet if you call a dealer with that # they could help.

2006-2009...all the same gen, few changes here and there over the years, but the overall styling was the same. Also as far as yours barry, it does have a 9 in the 10th digit of your vin, which I seen signifies the year of the bike...but his is a 0, so maybe his IS a 10 and he just doesnt know the difference, why itd help if he'd post a whole bike pic.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

Aight well thats not a '10. So maybe the 10th digit thing is a lie, haha. Plus the CJ27C part seems to be more 07-09s. So i guess ill just agree to call them haha.

Edited by J_YZ2fittyF

Hmm strange indeed. Do you think the dealer done the old switcheroo or should i just keep looking to see if i can find anything online

You don't have an 09 either. 09 has a different linkage attachment point on the swingarm. If I recall correctly, black engine side covers were in 2008. My 07 had light brown side covers.

Doesn't matter though- The 09 cornered marginally just a little better, if at all. All of those bikes from 06 to 09 are very good machines, provided they are healthy.

You don't have an 09 either. 09 has a different linkage attachment point on the swingarm. If I recall correctly, black engine side covers were in 2008. My 07 had light brown side covers.

Doesn't matter though- The 09 cornered marginally just a little better, if at all. All of those bikes from 06 to 09 are very good machines, provided they are healthy.

Oh wow, good point. I didnt notice that before haha. Then again I never explore the differences of them other then what I happen to see around here. But if you google 2009 yz250f then ya, its clearly different (no plugs on the swingarm). Interesting....

2007 or 2008 is my pick going by the model code of the VIN (CG27C).

2009 models had a different swingarm and linkage, without the plugs on the side of the swingarm to access the big linkage bolt and nut.

Your VIN in Ireland is different from ours here in the USA.

Ask your local Yamaha dealer for a positive ID.

Either their Service or Parts Dept. have the info or can at least ask for it.

2007 or 2008 is my pick going by the model code of the VIN (CG27C).

2009 models had a different swingarm and linkage, without the plugs on the side of the swingarm to access the big linkage bolt and nut.

Your VIN in Ireland is different from ours here in the USA.

Ask your local Yamaha dealer for a positive ID.

Either their Service or Parts Dept. have the info or can at least ask for it.

Yea i wondered if maybe since it was not a bike from HERE if the way they did the VINs was different, cuz it surely doesnt follow the normal decoding that I have seen in the past.

Ask him to allow you to take a look at whatever info he is looking at to come to that conclusion.

2009 models did not have that swingarm design, and it would only be there if this is a Frankenbike.

Edited by YZEtc