Sign in to follow this  

SSW 60HP DRZ400SM HELP

Hey everyone I am reaching out for help here. Since Eddie Sisneros is no longer reachable I am struggling trying to figure out how to re-jet my bike. I know many of you have the 60HP build from Eddie. If anyone has one jetted for 6,000ft elevation I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me what the correct jetting is. If not maybe someone can suggest a good shop around Wyoming/Colorado area that could help me out. Thanks.

2005 DRZ400sm

3X3 Mod

SSW/MRD Exhaust

FCR41MX Carb

60 HP Kit built by Eddie

Eddie originally jetted it for 800ft elevation

Hey everyone I am reaching out for help here. Since Eddie Sisneros is no longer reachable I am struggling trying to figure out how to re-jet my bike. I know many of you have the 60HP build from Eddie. If anyone has one jetted for 6,000ft elevation I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me what the correct jetting is. If not maybe someone can suggest a good shop around Wyoming/Colorado area that could help me out. Thanks.

2005 DRZ400sm

3X3 Mod

SSW/MRD Exhaust

FCR41MX Carb

60 HP Kit built by Eddie

Eddie originally jetted it for 800ft elevation

Are mostly above or below 6,000 ft.?

How did it run at 800 feet?

How does it run now at 6000 feet?

I would drop the needle 1 notch, readjust the pilot fuel screw and maybe drop the main jet 1 or 2 increments.  Should be close.

• Like 1

Are mostly above or below 6,000 ft.?

I plan on riding at mostly 6,000ft and above. I just got the bike started today and couldn't ride because of weather. It idled alright in the garage, I assume its going to be be rich since the air is a lot thinner up here. Not sure the of the current jetting because I didn't jet it. I have done a little bit of reading and I am still unsure of how you are able to tell when its running rich or lean without an air/fuel ratio guage, apart from the engine knocking. 

It won't pull clean if it's rich.....

To get an idea if it's rich..... after you ride it as is, remove the air box side door and note any changes in performance...

Just have a look at needle type and clip setting .....and main jet size... after you ride will be ok...

Edited by Craigo 485sm

Not without some help from you.  Did you try any of the suggestions made in the last 8 posts?

Not without some help from you.  Did you try any of the suggestions made in the last 8 posts?

Do you ever get that feeling your typing to your self? :banghead:

Is there no other gurus who can just tell someone the correct jetting the way Eddie could?

Peeps are trying to help but you gotta meet them halfway, give them some numbers to start with. Your current build sounds similar to mine so I'm interested in the responses, but could you give us some more info like current jetting with the 800ft elevation?

Is there no other gurus who can just tell someone the correct jetting the way Eddie could?

So a couple of the most knowledgeable guys here offer solutions and that's not enough :facepalm: 

After you have pulled your carb off and you know your current jetting, then you should report back and maybe someone will advise you.

Or seeing as your close to Colorado, drop in to Steel's Cycles and ask Eddie your self. :lol:

• Like 2

OP...if your just want info without doing some basic checks, fine....This will get you close....

165 main jet

EMS needle, clip 3

48 pilot jet

1.5 turns fuel screw

The reason I asked how it runs before and after air box door removal is to give you the option of running a drilled side cover..

.I am betting you have an EMR needle installed atm....

Edited by Craigo 485sm