Sign in to follow this  

Best handling chasses for high speed sliding Super moto ?

Just curious what people think are the best dirt bike chasses for higher speed road riding and sliding around corners? Most of the new bikes are designed for moto x that does not mean they work great in all apts.

Thanks for any help.

Personal preference.  I prefer aluminum to the steel frame but there really is little difference.  Any 250 pound MX bike in supermoto trim is going to make any street bike you have ever ridden feel like a pig.

I have been out of the loop, I here the new aluminum are on par with CROMO in ride? when they came out 15 years ago they were terrible. I bought a 2003 CRF 450 as my first aluminum bike and I had to put 1998 RM 250 forks on it to add a flex point so it did not kill me knees blasting rough terrain.

I guess the newer frames over the last 10 years are much better? I want to build a High HP 90 or 100 HP street legal motard. I want a chasses that puts the power to the ground and slides sure footed, this may sound odd but my experience is limited but I have been at this for 30 years, My best chasses I had for sliding and staying hooked up while like flat tracking around by far was a old 87 88 Cr 500 frame. The bike is a complete pig by todays standards but boy could it stay hooked up power sliding.

None of the newer bikes I own or owned after that would do that one thing nearly as well, the newer bikes were a lot better in most ways but sliding under power they just were not the same at all. The old school geometries were better for this but no where near what you can get now for a pro riding MX.

I am 6 foot 5 and long legged, I have a bunch of biked now and just trying to build what I want and get it right the first time.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Whipitnow