2010 sx-f broke in half &%$#@!?

so I'm contemplating fix it or part it out . I'm not sure what way to go all wires cables and hoses are ripped off and I have broken triple clamps smashed front wheel  crushed and buckeled exh system what bikes would make good parts bike for a 2010sx-f  ?

I'm very sure KTM isn;t covering nothing" and I wouldn't ask. I think we'll call this one "operator error" so far, I can see that I'm going to need a water pump cover, triple clamps, throttle cables, wheels, front fender,and an exhaust system... and maybe some glasses. lol.DSC04391.JPGDSC04390.JPGDSC04396.JPG

To me, that seems like the steering stem nut was loose and as a consequence, during the ride came too loose and the moment the front got unloaded, the whole assembly came out of the bike, JUST as the front wheel came back down again. That would cause all the damage listed here and makes the most sense.

Initially I thought the bike hit a brick wall (something hard) at a high rate of speed. But I can't imagine that destroying the steering stem MID way through? that doesn't make any sense... the stem would crack at the top or bottom of the triple clamp, not ABOVE/BELOW the bearing, seems strange to me.

To me, that seems like the steering stem nut was loose and as a consequence, during the ride came too loose and the moment the front got unloaded, the whole assembly came out of the bike, JUST as the front wheel came back down again. That would cause all the damage listed here and makes the most sense.

Initially I thought the bike hit a brick wall (something hard) at a high rate of speed. But I can't imagine that destroying the steering stem MID way through? that doesn't make any sense... the stem would crack at the top or bottom of the triple clamp, not ABOVE/BELOW the bearing, seems strange to me.

My thoughts as well. Looks less like a "frame" failure than an improperly torqued steering stem. 

Hold on guys, I bought this 2010 sx-f 450 for a reasonable price and have been cleaning it up and assessing and inspecting damage. So far I can see that if I had an exhaust I could start it up, I have located 2 prongs in the harness that I can link with needle nose pliers and make it crank over.

I pulled the pipe and plastics and cleaned it up a lot to help with finding all obvious damage and so far it seems that I will need

water pump cover

stator cover

triple clamps and stem

front and rear wheel

hyd clutch hose

exhaust system

throttle cables

hot start spring , plunger, plastic cable end

steering limiter

front fender

forks seem to work fine independently without sticking or leaking but I'm thinking I will clamp the upper tubes in a vice and rotate the lower part's to determine if I have a bent fork or two.

So I need to figure out what years parts inter change on the motor (2010sxf450) and I'm guessing wheels 03 to present would fit?

By the way the bike drifted into a tree at popkum moto park and if any one has any of the parts I mentioned that they might be interested in selling shoot me a pm with a contact number

looking head on in the first picture the right frame rail of the engine cradle it looks bent, it appears the lower part is moved left when looking at the bike ?

if any one has one of these bikes could you have a look and see if yours appears to look the same? looking at frames in the past I cant help but notice they all have many bends in them making it hard to figure it out with out looking at an other one from the same era- model. And if I get some good help I might tell you guys some more about the crash lol don't miss your chance.

looking head on in the first picture the right frame rail of the engine cradle it looks bent, it appears the lower part is moved left when looking at the bike ?

if any one has one of these bikes could you have a look and see if yours appears to look the same? looking at frames in the past I cant help but notice they all have many bends in them making it hard to figure it out with out looking at an other one from the same era- model. And if I get some good help I might tell you guys some more about the crash lol don't miss your chance.

Looks bent.

I have a few on those here

IMG_0576Medium.jpg

IMG_0778Medium.jpg

Edited by jar944