Sign in to follow this  

2014 Motocross Season <Pics, Vids, Results>

As some of you may know, I made a similar thread last year for my first season racing MX here in Maine.

link: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/1024515-first-year-racing-mx-yz-125/

I know some of you enjoyed that thread so I decided to make another one for this year. This year will be more exciting. I've got the first year of racing over with and have learned a lot (most of it the hard way). I expect to be able to be up towards the front of the pack battling the top guys. Definitely should be a great season.

The season hasn't quite started for us yet as this winter won't end. MX-207 opened last Sunday but I was working and couldn't make it. Planning on heading up on Saturday. I'll be posting pics, gopros, and results on this thread as I did last year. My goals for this season are to be consistent and ride the best that I can every weekend. I'm not sure where that's going to put me but I'm pretty sure it'll be up in the top 5. I'm hoping for my first win this season as well. 

The first Maine Motocross Series race is May 4th (day after SAT's.... :confused: 

Thanks for looking!

• Like 3

Just for a comparison sake, here are 2 GoPro's from the end of last season.

Last race, got a great start but couldn't hold it together. 

NOTE: I got most of the blur fixed in my GoPro screen. 

Also I'm getting my suspension re-sprung for my weight as we speak. That's the biggest problem I had when I got off my 125 and on my new 250f. I'm only 110lbs soaking wet so the suspension was a bit harsh. Can't wait to try it out and get it dialed in.

Last ride of 2013 at MX-207

Edited by cgirouard423

Definetly heading to 207 tomorrow morning. Have a long night ahead of me though. Working until 7 and then need to go pick up my forks. Go home and put everything back together as well as do an oil change. And then get everything ready to leave at 8am tomorrow. Why do I always wait until the last minute, lol. I'll post some pics and gopro footage tomorrow!

Finally have the video on. It took so long because we have terrible internet (only 1 company will serve us because of where we live. never use fairpoint) and it took over 1000 minutes to upload. I tried on Sat. night but it failed to upload. 

Not the best riding, but just getting used to being back on the bike. I'm really out of shape as well. lol

• Like 2

After you guys watch, look at the crash at the end. I had one similar to that later in the day and both times my thorttle tube got filled with dirt and would stick. The throttle tube was the OEM one. It wasn't cracked or anything. Just anytime I'd lay it over on that side it would fill with dirt and stick. I ended up changing throttle tubs half way through the day. I never fell on that side with my motion pro one so i dont know if it will do it again. 

Went to the NJ supercross last night. It was so cool. We slept for like 4 or 5 hours last night in a very cheap hotel and then left to come home. Literally just pulled in after the 6hr drive and are loading up to head to Hemond's. This will be their first practice of the year. The first race is there next weekend so I need to get some practice in. Tired but should be great!ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398616091.806228.jpg

Went to the NJ supercross last night. It was so cool. We slept for like 4 or 5 hours last night in a very cheap hotel and then left to come home. Literally just pulled in after the 6hr drive and are loading up to head to Hemond's. This will be their first practice of the year. The first race is there next weekend so I need to get some practice in. Tired but should be great!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1398616091.806228.jpg

Good luck man! Just don't push it at the first race too much and get hurt!

• Like 1

Not too good of a day today. Track was mint this morning but when I was on the line for my Youth C moto (race 10) it started to down pour. That moto was crazy. Ran out of rear offs and had to chuck my goggles. Got 8th. Should of done better but on the last lap a flagger wasn't paying attention and I pretty much landed on a down rider. When my 250C moto came around (race 14) it was still raining and the track was terrible. It got so bad that after my 250C moto they called the race. It just wasn't safe anymore. Not a good way to start the year.

Got 8th. Should of done better but on the last lap a flagger wasn't paying attention and I pretty much landed on a down rider.

Did you get that on video? 

Not too good of a day today. Track was mint this morning but when I was on the line for my Youth C moto (race 10) it started to down pour. That moto was crazy. Ran out of rear offs and had to chuck my goggles. Got 8th. Should of done better but on the last lap a flagger wasn't paying attention and I pretty much landed on a down rider. When my 250C moto came around (race 14) it was still raining and the track was terrible. It got so bad that after my 250C moto they called the race. It just wasn't safe anymore. Not a good way to start the year.

I disagree.  It was a good start to the year, you raced, and you didn't get hurt.  Usually the first race of the year everyone is itching to show their new stuff & speed.  And with that and bad conditions usually equate to downed riders.  This is exactly what happened to me going into my third race.  I was practicing in some sloppy conditions and lost the front tire and went down before I even knew what was going on.  Broken hand...racing is over for a bit.  I can't tell you how many times I wish I just toned it down a bit more in those conditions.

Looks like that bike is suiting you.  You seem to be very comfortable in the air.  One thing I would work on is cornering.  One of the videos looks like you are just tip-toeing into the turns.  I bought the Semics MX  videos 1-4 latest volume to watch and learn while I'm injured.  I can't tell you how many things I picked up that I have been doing wrong.

• Like 2

I am going to upload a gopro. During moto 1 it was raining really hard so it was actually cleaning my gopro screen when it got muddy. Lasted a few laps. Also during the 250C moto when the track was terrible (right before they called it) i got a slow lap on gopro. After getting tangled up with some other riders in the 2nd corner I decided it wasn't worth pushing in the conditions and considering everyone was really far ahead.

Huge race today at mx 207. It's MMS, which is the series I run, as well as NEMA and NESC which are two big New England organizations. They just posted the class info and there are 37 riders in youth C and 34 in 250C. On the list for youth I'm 35 out of the 37. I have a good feeling those will be out gate picks. That will be crazy. 250C I'm first though. Should be interesting. It rained all day yesterday so that track is really soft. It will get very rough towards the end of the day.

• Like 1

You are going to record right? Haven't seen any vids in a while!

Yes!!!! The last two weekends my gopro got covered in mud and got nothing. First motos of both classes are done. There are some pretty fast riders here today. Haven't gotten good starts today and on a day like today with 40 riders (*not 37 like I thought before) start is key. Got 24th in youth and haven't gotten results for 250 yet.

• Like 1