USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

choke will not stay out... can not locate new assembly

Thank you in advance for any help, I am trying to locate a new assembly and just replace it. i read somewhere in the past that they are only $15.00 or so but go figure i can not find that post anywhere.

Once again thankyou!

is this for an fcr or is it for an injected bike?

my trick would be to dismantle it and figure out whats going on.

or if im feeling lazy to clean it with brake clean and compressed air, then douche it with pb blaster or triflow and operate it till it works.

yup. just screw in the new one and be done. seems over time they just wear out. don't go crazy tightening it. Going too tight will break the plastic housing. I did that with the hot start once, and have since started using the tokyo mods aluminum ones..

Edited by MELK-MAN

My choke has the same problem....pull it out and it snaps back almost immediately.  What was the fix?  Does the carb have to be off the bike?

I quick fixed it by pulling it off (easy deep well 14mm) and you can pull the little rubber boot back and i wraped a piece of electrical tape around the plastic moulded part that "clamps" the shaft... had to cut a piece of tape to be skinny enough and it works... but i went ahead and order a new assembly it was cheap enough... $15.00 off of partszilla.com. its part # 18 in the carb diagram. Just go to the sight and choose your year bike then choose carb parts and a diagram will come up... #18

My choke has the same problem....pull it out and it snaps back almost immediately.  What was the fix?  Does the carb have to be off the bike?

as he said.. just replace it, $15 and deepwell socket. Can do it on the bike.

Edited by MELK-MAN