Sign in to follow this  

2014 stock offset a 22?

Stock is 23.5mm. I just ordered a set of 21.5's and they should be here tomorrow.

Everyone seems to think that 20mm is a little too much, but there isnt alot of proof out there. I think im gonna buy a set of the 20mm just to see for myself.

I also order the oem "lowering" link from Kawi. $90 vs $180-$220 for aftermarket companies. I took the seals out and pressed the bearing out of the oem linkage.

Im coming off a 2012 rmz250, so im going to do everything i can to get this bike to corner almost as good as a rmz lololol.

Stock offset for a '14 kx 450 a 22? I'm going to try the ride engineering 21.5's....the 20 seems a bit much

Dang did you get a new Kawi also, didnt you just get the yz450? How does the new kx compare to yz?

Dang did you get a new Kawi also, didnt you just get the yz450? How does the new kx compare to yz?

Yes, both are great bikes honestly.... I just like the performance of the air fork better and how the Kawi is slimmer. I just think I could be faster on the Kawi....the yz has a killer engine though!! I'll post pics of my Kawi soon

Cool. I am gonna try both out tomorrow. Let me know how the clamps do with the kawi.

I just rode my '13 with the 21.5mm clamps and 136mm Kawi link. Cornering was wayyyyy better on the big beast. Im very happy with the results. I definitely felt more confident when cornering. The front end way way more planted and i actually felt like wherever i could point it, the bike would go that direction. Definitely a must do for the old Kawalski!!!

Motoxjeff - Is that a factory 4.1 FMF slip on?  Does it work with the stock header?   If so, how is the performance differ from the stock can?  

Motoxjeff - Is that a factory 4.1 FMF slip on? Does it work with the stock header? If so, how is the performance differ from the stock can?

The full FMF system, you can run either and they are interchangeable with the header/ exhaust. I do not notice any gains with a slip on from stock to be quite honest. With a slip on you are changing the sound, saving weight, and adding to the bikes bling. I expect to feel a difference when I get the mega bomb header a long with the canister. Just my.02

I'm more excited about the ride 21.5's on the bike for cornering. I'm testing tonight

The full FMF system, you can run either and they are interchangeable with the header/ exhaust. I do not notice any gains with a slip on from stock to be quite honest. With a slip on you are changing the sound, saving weight, and adding to the bikes bling. I expect to feel a difference when I get the mega bomb header a long with the canister. Just my.02

I'm more excited about the ride 21.5's on the bike for cornering. I'm testing tonight

I noticed a huge difference and hope you feel the same way. Definitely worth doing