Sign in to follow this  

Msr shift lever.

I didn't file mine down, but then again I don't remember it having any sharp edges.  I would only recommend replacing the stock M6 pinch bolt that comes with the shifter with a better grade 8.8 (at least) bolt.

• Like 1

Unless they have changed their design you will have do some lever bending to get it to fit correctly ...

Mine was restricted by touching the engine case,... more so with case savers

I didn't have any issues with mine.  It was a direct bolt-on and now it's much easier to shift while wearing my riding boots.  While most people recommend it, I didn't replace the M6 bolt yet, but I didn't strip mine while installing it.  Mine didn't have much of a sharp edge on it, but I have the case savers anyway.  Had the shifter for the past few months now and I'm very happy with it.

Unless they have changed their design you will have do some lever bending to get it to fit correctly ...

Picked up mine a few months back and it lightly rubs the case savers, but I just ignore it.

Don't have a vice to hammer it out with. I suppose that's something I should fix eventually haha.

I installed it with the bolt it came with. If I run into problems with it I will replace it. It was just slightly rubbing the case savers so I just tugged on it a little to give it the tiny bit of clearance it needed to not touch at all.

+1 I shaved some material off the back of mine with a grinder and it still wore a groove in my case saver. It's not bad now but when I first put it on I had to install it on the very end of the shaft or I would get stuck in third gear.