Jetting kx 250

I too have a gnarly and an 05.  I could never get it jetted to suit my riding style.  The stock needle was lean I think.  After messing for far to long I ordered the JD kit.  Way happier now,  Just a touch rich and smooth power.

I too have a gnarly and an 05. I could never get it jetted to suit my riding style. The stock needle was lean I think. After messing for far to long I ordered the JD kit. Way happier now, Just a touch rich and smooth power.

What's the JD kit? Is it expensive?

And what style if riding do you do?

It is a kit from jdjetting.com.  Comes with 2 needles a pilot and a couple of mains.  And a good starting point to fine tune from.  Expensive, yes.  For me it was worth it to finally stop messing around.  I ride single track at a fair pace.  I do live at altitude and it makes a huge difference in jetting.  If you search you will find several threads on the 05 specifically.  I just couldn't find a stock needle I was happy with.  

they are what, 75 bucks? There's guides on the internet.

You can buy jets for under 4 dollars a piece on rockymountainatv... Seems like a cheaper venue. Just check and see what you have in the bike now and order accordingly.

They are kind of spendy, but most riders would rather drop in the recommended JD parts & go ride. Personally, I like to tinker, so I change parts around 'till it's perfect for me.

I too have a gnarly and an 05.  I could never get it jetted to suit my riding style.  The stock needle was lean I think.  After messing for far to long I ordered the JD kit.  Way happier now,  Just a touch rich and smooth power.

I finally broke down and ordered needles for my KX from them. I tried several different OEM needles and was never happy with any of them, I always seemed to be a little rich or a little lean somewhere no matter what needle I used or what clip position. The JD needles are much better.

• Like 1

I agree with Chokey.  I have way more $$$ in stock needles than I would have just buying the kit.  Most needles are at least 11 plus shipping.  I do like tinkering to a point,....  Getting it right was making me crazy