Running lean?

Is it bad that my crf450 is stock other than pipe and few little things and runs lean with 182 main and 45 pilet

And how are you determining that it runs lean?  45 pilot should not create a lean condition, at least in most cases.  If it is backfiring, it may be an exhaust leak at the head or from the header to the muffler.  When i replace my header I pulled the old ring out and forgot to put in the new one.  I was having all kinds of popping issues and messed with the carb and jetting for a week.  Then i found the gasket hidden under some papers and knew immediately what the issue was.

Plug is white . In side of header is white and pops lot no leak eather

then your idle jet is plugged or something in that circuit is not getting gas to the engine.  take the carb off and clean it.  idle jets can be tough to clean, so maybe just replace it with a 45.  I think that is one up from stock and it will help with starting the bike.

You really can't tell much from the reading the plug on these things. Fresh jets and a good cleaning should do the trick tho. A 45 is right. It's one over stock and as high as you want to go. It's always gonna pop some.

Gas additive in pump gas won't allow you to read a plug anymore.

You need to do this:

http://www.dirtrider.com/features/protips/141_0707_keihin_fcr_carb_rebuild/

Focus on the slide plate seal, hot start plunger and cavity, passage above the pilot jet

Do not reuse an old pilot jet. The corrosion will return.

Have u polished ur frame?

Yeah. I didn't go crazy on it, I sanded about all of it some but really just did the main rails because it's not a show bike or anything but I sanded and polished it and every once n awhile when the tanks off I go back over it. These are pics from when I first got this bike ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397960725.294744.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397960757.378052.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1397960836.811545.jpg Edited by Diggla117
  • Like 1